US Policy

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Danny1810
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Danny1810 »

Hey im still gettin used to it, im easing myself in.
You wouldnt want me to go power trippin after all Image
Penfold, Shush
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Well SM69, maybe the Y man gets tired of someone constantly attacking him/his country due to the politics involved.
Frankly I don't blame him. He's not the president and probably didn't even vote for the one in office now.

It gets tired, really quickly having to constantly listen to someone who doesn't live here bitch about the practices of our government. AND having that same someone erroneously lump all Americans together.

If your own country is perfect, then you can rant and rave to others about how fucked-up their own country is.
Until then you need to stfu about the things you have no say in or control over.

If arguments/discussions could be carried on without the childish name-calling that always happens, perhaps Y man wouldn't react so strongly.
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

Sorry, but that doesn't answer my question... and you will find that most of the educated people have noticed that the US is the cause, direct or indirect of a lot of unecessary suffering on this earth...
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

I think we have cases of xenophobia here
*burp :kickcan:
YingSawSay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by YingSawSay »

Sorry, but that doesn't answer my question... and you will find that most of the educated people have noticed that the US is the cause, direct or indirect of a lot of unecessary suffering on this earth...

What does education have to do with it? Most stupid people even know that America is responsible for a lot of troubles on this planet...but here's the catch: we're responsible for most of the good too.

And why we're talking about "Belgium" isn't it strange the in December of 2003 alone Belgium exported over 1 BILLION dollars in US goods? So pretty much, Belgium like the most of the rest of the free world DEPENDS on America, NEEDS America and most likely would collapse into civil unrest without us. So basically, if we want to go fucking up a goddamned terrorist country, with a leader who kills his own people, we really don't need a goddamned reason. We've already fucking bought your cooperation.

<span style='color:#e30000'>cleaned the crap out.. left the political "debate" in.. don't let it get out of hand people ~v0id</span>
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

I suppose you mean imported... and about Iraq, what is a real hoot, is that it's the US that has put Saddam in place and even knowing that he was exterminating Kurds (and others), he was a great friend of the US ! Especially during the Iran war...

Your logic is quite dificult to follow... so if China decides that Bush is the master of a terrorist state and that the know that they have WMD, so they would have the right to invade the US... to make the World a safer place ?!
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

China is to busy putting it to Tibet.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
YingSawSay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by YingSawSay »

I suppose you mean imported... and about Iraq, what is a real hoot, is that it's the US that has put Saddam in place and even knowing that he was exterminating Kurds (and others), he was a great friend of the US ! Especially during the Iran war...

Your logic is quite dificult to follow... so if China decides that Bush is the master of a terrorist state and that the know that they have WMD, so they would have the right to invade the US... to make the World a safer place ?!
No, I mean exported. Meaning, they sold their goods to us, (read: exported) that no one else would have, so their economy would stay afloat.

Well, we do have WMD, which we have been allowed to have under UN Treaties. We are one of the original countries to have them, Belgium just wasn't smart enough to get in on it. China, another country that we basically support would be most foolish to think they could make the world a safer place without us. Why? We protect them too. (Read: Hong Kong and Japan)
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

Why? We protect them too. (Read: Hong Kong and Japan)  
I do believe this was when Honk Kong was still under British rule
YingSawSay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by YingSawSay »

Yes Void and now as well. As we speak Hong Kong is chalk-full of political unrest in the 14-30 age group and militia's are forming daily. Rebellion is just around the corner, and once again the US is a large player in deflecting the angst a different direction.
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

Yes Void and now as well. As we speak Hong Kong is chalk-full of political unrest in the 14-30 age group and militia's are forming daily.  Rebellion is just around the corner, and once again the US is a large player in deflecting the angst a different direction.
but isnt it NATO thats helping in this situation.. UK, US, AND Belgium being 3 of the 19 countries
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Sorry SM but I can't recall ever reading/hearing/lip-reading/seeing where anyone accused the US of being a terrorist country.
Excessive, power abusing, arrogant even, but never terrorist.
So that argument doesn't "work" for me.

I know that my country isn't perfect, but neither is yours.
Difference is I'm not constantly putting you on the defensive about the policies yours makes and lives by.
Why?

I don't live there.
I'm not a citizen.
I don't vote in your elections, or have any say in who your elected officials are.
I don't have to live under the rules your government sets for its citizens.
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

so it's Belgian goods... and I suppose that a 7.000.000 country (at that time) had more important things to do after the occupation by Germany and the war than putting money in systems that are capable of eradicating life on earth... I don't really see the "smart" connection there...
YingSawSay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by YingSawSay »

Yes, Bush is a dolt. I voted for him, and there is only one reason why I'm glad I did: 9-11 Why? Because Al Gore wouldn't have done a goddamned thing but stutter.

No, I won't vote Republican again, and it's a shame that someone who rely's so heavily on my dollar thinks he has a right to bitch and moan when my country does something that has nothing to do with him.

Yes, the world is a safer place without Saddam, I am glad he's gone. He wasn't removed the right way, but like I said before, the US has done more than bought the right to do things how we please. Not to get to cocky but even a goddamned moron can figure out that if the US cashed in on all the debt owed her, well....let's just say lil Belgium would have a star on our flag.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I wonder who it was that saved Belgum's ass in WW2?
Protector of the Holy Grail.