US Policy

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

In all actuallity, it wasn't the electorial college system that failed, it was the result of the ass-backward voting system in the state of Florida.

No suprise that the gov. is none other than the brother of George, Jeb Bush....yes, Jeb, as in the Beverly Hillbillies. :roll: The shenanigans that took place in that state are shameful. Did anyone know that they actually REFUSED to allow certain people to vote....yes, I mean not admit them into the building to physically vote. Mainly, and this is beyond shameful, black voters. They actually denied access to a female black council member!

Why we as a country do not have a uniform voting system in this day and age is beyond me. :roll:
Inside Edition (the TV show) did a recount of the Florida vote and George Bush did take the state.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Danny1810
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Danny1810 »

Did anyone know that they actually REFUSED to allow certain people to vote....yes, I mean not admit them into the building to physically vote. Mainly, and this is beyond shameful, black voters. They actually denied access to a female black council member!
Yes and CG told you why he took it
Penfold, Shush
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

And if they didn't vote how do you know who they would have voted for?
Danny1810
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Danny1810 »

because if they would have voted for Bush then Jeb wouldnt have stopped them voting
Penfold, Shush
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Danny's pretty much on the money there HJ.
Black, Cuban, and Latino voters in Florida are heavy supporters of Democratic contenders.

Dubya never could've done it without his brother stepping in to help.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Democrats will always have some excuse. :lol:
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

Why are most front bench politicians all old farts :?

I want a nice bit of Totty as PM
*burp :kickcan:
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Why are most front bench politicians all old farts :?

I want a nice bit of Totty as PM
You should see the hottie running for our PC leader.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

She could be our Prime Minister.

<a href='http://www.belinda.ca/Belinda/english/index.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.belinda.ca/Belinda/english/index.shtml</a>

She not bad looking but I'm not so sure I trust her. Her father's company Magna International is thinking about making parts in China instead of Canada.

You would think that her family keeping jobs in Canada may help her. I have no idea what her daddy is thinking.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Danny's pretty much on the money there HJ.
Black, Cuban, and Latino voters in Florida are heavy supporters of Democratic contenders.

Dubya never could've done it without his brother stepping in to help.
Absolutely correct ShoTwin.

I would also like to add that Bush did win the electoral vote but he DID NOT win the "popular vote".....that went to Gore. But that, unfortunately, does not decide the presidency. :evil:

*Please reference rest of thread for explanation as to not appear redundant* :D
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

<a href='http://www.belinda.ca/Belinda/english/index.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.belinda.ca/Belinda/english/index.shtml</a>

She not bad looking but I'm not so sure I trust her. Her father's company Magna International is thinking about making parts in China instead of Canada.

You would think that her family keeping jobs in Canada may help her. I have no idea what her daddy is thinking.
her dad is thinking the same thing what most businesses think..where can I produce these things the cheapest and make the most profit..I don't think her daddy cares about what she's doing..lol

Now my problem with it is...

1) yay, I guess....the Chinese are still using the same tactics that they've been using all their civilization in business.

2) I'm in America, so that means I'm going work here and live here...not good when all your possible jobs are going to China and India...good thing doctors and lawyers have to be in this country to do what they do!
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Outsourcing has to be one of the most destructive policies that is currently happening to this country.

It is great for those in business...big or small. The incentives that Bush has inacted for companies to outsource to other countries is too good for most of them to not take advantage of. Between Bush's incentives and the deregulation of many industries, such as the airline industry, have slowly

It is extremely harmful to the working class of American that once held those jobs here. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and it is becoming worse and worse for towns that basically survived on the fact that a manufacturing plant was there.

Once again....shameful.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

her dad is thinking the same thing what most businesses think..where can I produce these things the cheapest and make the most profit..I don't think her daddy cares about what she's doing..lol

Now my problem with it is...

1) yay, I guess....the Chinese are still using the same tactics that they've been using all their civilization in business.

2) I'm in America, so that means I'm going work here and live here...not good when all your possible jobs are going to China and India...good thing doctors and lawyers have to be in this country to do what they do!
I forgot to mention that Belinda was the CEO of Magna (her daddy's company) when she put her hat into the leadership race.

I think she has to help Canada's employment if she wants to run the country.
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

that's true..no doubt about that..but the question is..does she still have influence on the company?
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

She had to give up her postion to run for the leadership.

No one in the media is even concerned about the jobs that will be lost. You think that they would make a fuss about it.