Luck of the Irish???

"Anything" and "Goes". You don't need a high IQ to figure it out
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Luck of the Irish???

Post by dahkme »

About a week or so ago I bought a lawnmower blade at Lowes and found out that it would not fit, I took my time taking it back. We decided to take it back today. So we went to Lowes and Corliss stayed in the car and I got my money back. When I get back in the car-she says, "We can't leave yet, I think there is some money underneath the van parked next to us." So we wait, and we wait, and we wait, and I get bored so get out of the car to check my fluids for something to do, and I glance under the van and yes there is money there. So we wait some more. Finally I can't wait anymore so I get out and knock on the window and let the lady inside know that I "dropped" some money and it is under her van, and I wanted to let her know I was going to get it and know that I wasnt messing with your van. (Bet you were wondering why we were waiting). I grab Corliss's cane out of the back seat, use it to drag the money to me, I handed it to Corliss without looking at it, put the cane back in the car and get in. She says Honey, There is 150.00 here. There were three very wet 50.00 bills and it hadnt rained since about 8am and this was about 11am so the money was there for a long time. So we went major food shopping, (which we really needed) and I should have bought a lottery ticket with a couple of bucks. So I guess we were just lucky, and besides I am 50% irish.
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

talk about some good luck most i have ever found at one time is 50$ but i was like 9 or 10 YO so i was in hawg heaven.....lol
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I think I may have dropped some cash in a parking lot in Tennessee, is Franklin on the $100 of the one you found? Mine had Ben Franklin on it.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

even if it was-you cant have it-I spent it
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

You got me looking under cars in parking lots but I haven't got so lucky.
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

Let that be a lesson to you all. Don't leave your cash under a car when Dahkme's around
*burp :kickcan:
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

and I used to think that was the best hiding place.
Emeralds_and_Ice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Emeralds_and_Ice »

My mother in law went into cracker barrel last month to eat & on the way out bought a shirt...When she got it home & opened it there was a $20.00 bill in it & it said congratulations hope whoever bought this shirt can use the money..The shirt itself only costed she 12 sooo lol..
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

oh that is so sweet. When I buy old clothes I look in the pockets and find lint and snotrags.
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

emeralds_and_ice wrote:My mother in law went into cracker barrel last month to eat & on the way out bought a shirt...When she got it home & opened it there was a $20.00 bill in it & it said congratulations hope whoever bought this shirt can use the money..The shirt itself only costed she 12 sooo lol..
:? Whoever can afford to eat and/or shop in Cracker Barrel doesn't need money-- I would have assumed they've already GOT money just by the fact of them being there. :lol:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

cracker barrel isn't an expensive place to eat.....
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

cracker barrel sounds like a name of a charity shop :/
*burp :kickcan:
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

Merideth wrote:cracker barrel isn't an expensive place to eat.....
Maybe not to you, but it is to me... and not a very good a place to eat, either. Blech.
Emeralds_and_Ice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Emeralds_and_Ice »

Midnight wrote:
emeralds_and_ice wrote:My mother in law went into cracker barrel last month to eat & on the way out bought a shirt...When she got it home & opened it there was a $20.00 bill in it & it said congratulations hope whoever bought this shirt can use the money..The shirt itself only costed she 12 sooo lol..
:? Whoever can afford to eat and/or shop in Cracker Barrel doesn't need money-- I would have assumed they've already GOT money just by the fact of them being there. :lol:

LOL she helps this lady out who can not drive & as part of her helping out pay the lady takes her to eat..The lady lovesss the Cracker barrel & always either pics there or Shoneys...SOOOO aint really her paying lol.....
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

emeralds_and_ice wrote:LOL she helps this lady out who can not drive & as part of her helping out pay the lady takes her to eat..The lady lovesss the Cracker barrel & always either pics there or Shoneys...SOOOO aint really her paying lol.....
Is she Irish? :cool: