Student Support Group

"Anything" and "Goes". You don't need a high IQ to figure it out
justme
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Student Support Group

Post by justme »

I thought all of us students could use a thread to vent - so here it is.

My Individual Testing class is going to kick my ass. We have to actually perform three intelligence assessments - one of which in front of the rest of the class. Its very intimidating!!!!!!!
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

I want to know how come I have to take Computer Concepts. It is an introductory course to Microsoft Office. Ok no problem, but gosh darn, I TEACH Microsoft Office and have since 1997.

Elementary Algebra- doesn't suck (yet) I actually got three chapters of my book done and can actually understand it.

Compostition 1-doesn't suck, I really like my teacher, she makes us laugh alot

Computer Concepts- EASY A++++++

Learning Strategies-Stupid course, boring course semi easy A

College reading-don't know yet since my first 3 hour class on it is tomorrow but judging from the title of the book-Ten Steps to Advancing College Reading Skills-should be an easy class.

Favorite Teacher -Composition 1
Most confusing Teacher-Computer Concepts, but then she talks to kindergarten students at Crab Orchard all day so maybe she forgot how to talk to adults.
All my teachers are women.

NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

glad i'm not a math tutor.... you already have enough reason to dislike me LOL
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

Yippeeeeeeeeee. I just tested out of not one but two classes tonight. Since tomorrow is the last day to add or drop classes, I just hope I am not to late to pick up two additional classes. When I took the Compass Test (entrance exam for people over 21) they said I failed the reading portion of the test and that I would have to take developemental reading class and since I was in two developmental classes (math and reading) I would aslo have to take Learning Strategies (study skills). So tonight when I had my College reading class we got the chance to test out of this class. There was a reading test with 36 questions and a vocabulary test with 100 questions. We had 20 minutes for the reading and 15 for the vocab. The scores for the reading got doubled then added to the vocab. I got a 26 on reading doubled to 52 and an 84 on the vocab so my total score was 136 and you needed a 94 to test out. NOt only did I test out, my instructor said I got the highest score she has ever seen in her 30+ years of teaching. So tomorrow I have to try to find two classes that are not already full, register for them and the drop down to Harriman and buy 2 more books for my new classes.

I am getting more confidence everyday and I am not so worried about passing my classes. (pats myself on the back)
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

Good that there is a thread like this!!!

The reason I haven't been much online lately is cuz I have to hand in on the 11th my yearly seminar, But I want to finish it till the 6th, cuz I want the 7th & 8th free so can party at my birthday :oops:

But then on the 9th I got to start to read books like a scanner, cause I got to hand in a proposal to another seminar on the 19th :shock:

Anyhow, here I am spending my weekend at my desk , while everyone is outside & playing :cry:
My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for 40 years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

Happy Birthday way in advance.

I picked up Spanish and Human Geography. If anyone ever wants to find me on a Monday....FORGET IT!!!!

I have classes now from 8:30 am to 9:05 pm with just a two hour break...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk but only one class on tues and thurs and still no classes on fridays.

Its been a busy week I am grateful for the 3 day break. Have a SAFE and HAPPY holdiay weekend everyone.
justme
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by justme »

I am on the verge of just saying fuck school right now. I'm not in the right frame of mind these days to really focus on it. I hope I can just make it thru this semester and I may take a semester off to get my shit together. I have these chapter notes (busy work) due on Thursday night - I just started on them about 1 hour ago.

I just don't think I need to be a student right now.
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Well, you're still young and you have your whole life in front of you. If you don't think you should be doing it- well, you're the best judge of that.
justme
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by justme »

I realize 27 is young, however, I just want to start doing the job I want to do instead of jobs I have to do. That is main reason for being in school. I just hope I can get my head in the right frame of mind to get finished.
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

Tomorrow is my first day back in uni.... I don't wanna go!!!!!! :cry:
My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for 40 years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Just keep your eye on the prize.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

and on your neighbor's test paper....
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

unless your neighbor is ignorant.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
justme
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by justme »

very good point starjeanne!!

I should be working on a take home test that I have had for over a week now that is due tonight - thank god it isn't a hard one!!!
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

I have already a paper to hand in next week!

But I got this funny professor... he is new in Tel Aviv Uni., he is American adn his Hebrew kind of sucks, it's funny :lol: