For the Michael Moore Fans

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

This was acutally shown in "real time"...how he sat there and continued to read......now think about it....it was seven minutes that he sat there after the second plane hit....BUT......when you really think about the time, he acutally sat around for almost 25 minutes (from the time the first plane hit and he was told about it) before he did anything...anything at all.
i certainly hope you aren't criticizing the man for this? i would hope that ANY President (democrat or republican) would take the time to collect his thoughts before acting, before making a public statement. <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>what could he have done in those 7 minutes that would have changed anything that happened that day? nothing.</span></span> i would hope that the man responsible for running our country would act in a way that would not scare the living shite out of school children. which would have happen had he immediatly jumped up & left the room. i find it incredibily strong and honorable that he was able to hold his composure in front of the children and continue his story AND then leave to discuss the matter with his aides & advisors.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I agree with Merideth on that one.

It had to take abit to settle in and realize the magnitude of that day. And remember he hadn't seen what had happened at that point.

OK I'll shut up now.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

exactly. had he immediately left and began making statements & decisions he would have been trashed for being rash & hotheaded. instead, he's trashed for being clearheaded & level.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

No matter what Bush does if someone doesn't like him then fault will be found.
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

that could go for either side. if you love him, then he does no wrong- its a neverending debate that has been going on for hundreds of years and will continue for probably hundreds more.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

yeah but its you and your kind LOOKING for faults

oh btw

I LMAO when people refer to micheal smoore as truthful. LMAO It always makes them look so gullible.

"Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" broke records this weekend, becoming the first documentary to debut as Hollywood's top weekend film â€â€ÂÂÂÂ
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

that could go for either side. if you love him, then he does no wrong- its a neverending debate that has been going on for hundreds of years and will continue for probably hundreds more.

I'll agree on that one if you agree on mine. :P
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Okay.. that sounds fair. :wink:
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Okay.. that sounds fair. :wink:
:nodder:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

that could go for either side. if you love him, then he does no wrong-.
not true. i like Bush, but i still find fault with him. he's spending money like it's candy. that drives me BANANAS!!!! but i still believe, in the big picture, that he is better for our country than Al Gore would have been or Kerry would be. Kerry is indecisive, he lies, he's rude, he lies.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

But I don't want my son or your sons to go to Iraq. So, you see, it is very personal and doesn't really affect Canadians. In fact, can we move to your town HJ?
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

But I don't want my son or your sons to go to Iraq. So, you see, it is very personal and doesn't really affect Canadians. In fact, can we move to your town HJ?
Come on over JP.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

that could go for either side. if you love him, then he does no wrong-.
not true. i like Bush, but i still find fault with him. he's spending money like it's candy. that drives me BANANAS!!!! but i still believe, in the big picture, that he is better for our country than Al Gore would have been or Kerry would be. Kerry is indecisive, he lies, he's rude, he lies.
And thats your only problem with him? Thats not uncommon for politicians.. any of them. Its almost expected. I could show you just how much his administration is spending every day- hell every SECOND of the day. But, I'm sure you arent interested in that.
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

*Buys another lottery ticket in hopes of winning the Powerball, thus being able to afford that uncharted isle......*
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

This was acutally shown in "real time"...how he sat there and continued to read......now think about it....it was seven minutes that he sat there after the second plane hit....BUT......when you really think about the time, he acutally sat around for almost 25 minutes (from the time the first plane hit and he was told about it) before he did anything...anything at all.
i certainly hope you aren't criticizing the man for this? i would hope that ANY President (democrat or republican) would take the time to collect his thoughts before acting, before making a public statement. <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>what could he have done in those 7 minutes that would have changed anything that happened that day? nothing.</span></span>

I most certainly am critizing him for that.

No one says that he had to jump up, announce to a classroom full of children and say that NY was being attacked at this moment...gotta go...and run like a loon from the room. Let's be serious here.....

If you had the chance to listen to the recordings of what was going on with the air towers of the airports and the military, which were all heard at the 9-11 Conference, and played on most news channels, there was NO ONE in charge...no one knew what to do and no one was giving any orders. By the time there were fighters in the air, which was after he pulled his head out of his ass and got off it, it was too late.....the situation was over and the other plane had already gone down in PA.

So please do not make it seem like he was just playin it cool.

It is easy for those who were not directly effected and were not where it happened to make such a statement....you were not there and you did not live through the horror of that day.

It is one thing to not know what to do (which was obvious) but it is a completely different story to do nothing for that length of time.....really boarderlines depraved indifference.