For the Michael Moore Fans

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i find it strange that liberal wants Bush impeached for his supposed "lying" and yet, Clinton WAS impeached for purgery and no one wanted him out of office b/c even the democrats were afraid of what would happen if Gore was in control. and then yet just months later they were screaming and ranting and raving that the election was "stolen" from Gore. don't you find this contradictory?
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

was clintin impeached? I may be wrong but i thouight impeched meant you WERE removed from office

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:31 am:</span>

oh heres another story

<a href='http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedc ... /23542.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedc ... 542.htm</a>

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:32 am:</span>

" Moore's favorite anti-administration interviewee is former National Security Council aide Richard Clarke. Yet the film never mentions that it was Clarke who gave the order to spirit the bin Laden family out of America immediately after 9/11. Moore makes much of this mystery; why didn't he ask Clarke about it ?"

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:32 am:</span>

* At one point of the film, he portrays GIs as moronic savages who work themselves up with music before setting out to kill. Later, he depicts them as proletarian victims of a cynical ruling class, who deserve sympathy and honor for their sacrifice

Moore says that the Saudis have paid the Bush family $1.4 billion. But wait â€â€ÂÂÂÂ
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

impeach = brought up on charges

cinnagirl .. please dont consider me 'snow blind' ... i dont just ramble off things other people say .. i do my own research and come to my own conclusions

i'm not disputing that the bush family is friends with the saudis ... or that cheney makes $$$ of the war or that we went to war for cheaper gas ... I DONT CARE ABOUT THOSE THINGS ... I"M GLAD WE WENT TO WAR FOR CHEAPER FUEL ... i'm pointing out the hundreds of 'less significant' lies he has told ... the ones that cover up the others
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

you know what i love is how no one remembers the games clinton played in Yugoslavia
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I don't consider myself a Moore "Fan". He's way too fat and his movies are on the simple minded side. But I do find him amusing and I admire his use of film to express himself and the fact that he gets people debating important issues is to his credit.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Firstly, C-Dub, you are correct on your defination of impeachment....To charge (a public official) with improper conduct in office before a proper tribunal.

Clinton was brought up on charges but was acquitted, as was Andrew Johnson...Nixon resigned after charges were filed against him......let's move on now....

You, jaysander, have obviously NOT seen the movie....regardless, you still have yet to come up with a quote, aside from one from the NY Post, which is so close to be considered a tabloid, and is really laughed at here as being a "crediable paper".

To clear that first quote up for ya....

The Saudi Ambassador to the United States Prince Bandar bin Sultan, specifically said that the coordination to get the Saudi Family members and members of the Bin Laden Family out of the US was worked out with former CIA Cheif, George Tenet. He has said this in many interviews....

Secondly, Moore interviewed many soldiers in the film.....some are very gung-ho and were described accurately in that quote...they did say that they get themselves worked up with music that is playing in the tanks and is fed through to there helmets....a fav that they mentioned is the song "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor". Other soldiers interviewed were noticeably shaken by the events there and question the validity of the situation...many of them bashing Bush and the administration themselves.

Once again, post a qoute about something you did not see first hand....it stated that not only the Bush's BUT their friends in Big Business ALL were making money. The connections to the Saudis would not be possible for most of these friends if it were not for their relationships with the Bush family.....still yet, unable to dispute another fact.

And just if you think that the Saudi Prince Bandar isn't just another dirtbag in bed with the administration:

"Prince Bandar, Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States, grandson to one king, nephew to four others, would like Americans to remember something. It was not so long ago that he met privately with President Bush, their conversation deciding the course of the war in the Middle East. That he had a direct line to Dick Cheney. That Colin Powell was in his back pocket. That American newspapers chronicled his machinations in breathless, Bandar-kissing articles, the inside dope leaked by the ambassador himself. That he was hailed as the Talleyrand of the desert, the essential figure in the United States' most critical alliance in the world's most important region.

But that President Bush is retired. The Gulf War is over. Cheney and Powell aren't waiting for his calls. And it's hard to decide which is disintegrating faster, Saudi Arabia's reputation in Washington or Bandar's.
"

[quote]was clintin impeached? I may be wrong but i thouight impeched meant you WERE removed from office

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:31 am:</span>

oh heres another story

<a href='http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedc ... /23542.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedc ... 542.htm</a>

" Moore's favorite anti-administration interviewee is former National Security Council aide Richard Clarke. Yet the film never mentions that it was Clarke who gave the order to spirit the bin Laden family out of America immediately after 9/11. Moore makes much of this mystery; why didn't he ask Clarke about it ?"

* At one point of the film, he portrays GIs as moronic savages who work themselves up with music before setting out to kill. Later, he depicts them as proletarian victims of a cynical ruling class, who deserve sympathy and honor for their sacrifice

Moore says that the Saudis have paid the Bush family $1.4 billion. But wait â€â€ÂÂÂÂ
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

sounds like yoru article is saying its ok to be a lying piece of crap? Is that your defense on the movie hun?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

You are really good at synopsizing things, J. You could take a five page article and say it means crap or not crap. Basically that's true of any writing, depending on whether or not you agree with it.

WAR AND PEACE= Not crap.

THE IDIOT=Crap.

I'm catching on! And lovin' it. Thanks!
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

well im saying moore is using the "satire is allowed to be non truths" as an excuse to lie through his teeth, and the average idiot believes it, and worse the people who claim to be educated look the other way because it suits their purposes.

thos who write for fools will always have an audience
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

sounds like yoru article is saying its ok to be a lying piece of crap? Is that your defense on the movie hun?
Once again...your vision is so tunneled, you fail to see the point.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

why dont you tell me what the point is?
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

why dont you tell me what the point is?
Geeezzzzz :roll: You claim to be so well-rounded and on the ball J.....would have thought that you didn't need some liberal to explain what a child can plainly see.

Guy is basically saying that even though he disagrees with Moore's approach with most of the movie, it is, well, let's quote the particular part I am referring to:

All right, you can make anyone into a goofball with a selection of unflattering shots and out-of-context quotations, but it is so very easy to make George W. Bushâ€â€ÂÂÂÂ
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

superfluous su·per·flu·ous adj. Being beyond what is required or sufficient.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

no i dont need anything explained to me, but if you wont tell me what your thoughts are, then i cant really respond to them can i?
and i know what superfluous means vertigo, im not you.
WHat kills me about that particular situation, i,e George Bush continuing to read is, that part of the presidents role is to make appearences. I dont know why he decided to stay CALM and collected and not run out on the kids, but i have my thoughts on it. I think its horrible that this momment gets brought up time and time again, as if clinton held himself so nobly?

Is your point that bush acted like a proper stateman during crisis and didnt freak out in front of children? Because i wager if he had juped up and ran out screaming you would have buzzed him for that also.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

If you like Bush then you will see it one way .

If you don't like Bush you'll see it another way.

OBTW, it was Richard Clarke that got the Bin Ladens out of the US.
Protector of the Holy Grail.