Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

For the Michael Moore Fans

Post by Merideth »

Just thought you should know:

New Book Being Released: 'Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man'

A just released book takes on Michael Moore as never before. Its title screams: “Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man.â€ÂÂÂÂÂ
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

:lolol: where did you find THAT garbage??
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

you do realize that moore makes up facts in all his works right? he is a yellow yournalist and a sensationalist at best
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

:lolol: where did you find THAT garbage??
why is THAT considered garbage but every word he utters is gospel truth?

and it came from www.newsmax.com

EVERYTHING it says is true and can be backed up. unlike moore's work which can be distorted truth or out & out fiction.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

i thought moore was being clever with "roger and me". Now, i think he is just another attention whore
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

it all boils back down to HOW you feel about the Prez and his administration. From what I have read, Moore speaks the truth about that movie. However, I don't have enough facts or whatnot to argue either point, but just think its silly to go on a rant about a movie director who has the right to publish these things- I would imagine had it been a controversial film PRAISING Bush, I'm sure you (and all Bush supporters) would not have a problem with Moore.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

you do realize that moore makes up facts in all his works right? he is a yellow yournalist and a sensationalist at best
Untrue....it would have been best to have said, "misrepresents facts"....his "facts" are all backable.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

as i've already stated, i don't believe the Bush smells of roses. i do stand behind my decision to elect him and will vote to re-elect him. however, i do have issues with his administration to some degree (he's spending too much MONEY!). however, moore's film isn't just an attack on bush, it's riddled with inconsistencies and lies (as are most of his works)

verti, did you even bother to read ALL of that article?

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:45 am:</span>
Untrue....it would have been best to have said, "misrepresents facts"....his "facts" are all backable.
just because something is repeated over & over again, doesn't make it fact.

if you can convince enough people to believe you are Queen of England, they will convince others .. but that still doesn't make it true, does it?
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Which facts are untrue?

The Bush families CLOSE personal ties to the royal Saudi famlies and the amount of money they and their close friends have and continue to make?

The relationship that is continuing between Cheney and Halliburton?

These are not facts that have been uncovered by Michael Moore...they have just been put out the by him because most are afraid to piss the Bush's off.

You really do need to see this movie....
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

everyone is free to critize anyone .. but not lie

that what moore does ... moore has never said anything more then a half truth

i have no idea why anyone would waste $10 to go see that movie, much less believe anything said in it, much less try to argue for any point that moron tries to sell you

what people cant see is that this guy is on a tour of self promotion, unlike being 90% bullshit like moore is, this article is pretty much based on fact(give or take a lil bias)

if you have read anything about him , by him, heard anything he said or seen an interview with him ... you'll notice ... this guy stacks lie on top of lie

the last interview i've seen of him was on the daily show(i know its not real news) ... but of all the questions asked he might have actually answered 10% ... the rst he either attempted to change the subject or chuckeled nervously at ... why do u think he refuses to be interviewed by a lot of people? he lies, but hes not very good at it
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

verti, did you even bother to read ALL of that article?
Not ALL of it- I skipped some of it.. it all just seemed to be negative opinions.. :dunno:

*doesn't care*
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

The only thing that I notice with this new venture he has...he is NOW being called all of the above names.

When he made Roger and Me, The Big One and Bowling for Columbine...he was considered a good guy for stating those facts and commended for them...hence the academy award.

Now...just because he has let other facts come to the surface....and once again, they are not facts uneathed by him...he is the bad guy.

lets all keep and open mind and realize that it IS possible that Bush and his cohort have been LYING ALL ALONG.

Here is a read for you guys: BTW...these are all substanciated facts....

<a href='http://www.unsaccodicanapa.com/htmlpages/bush.html' target='_blank'>http://www.unsaccodicanapa.com/htmlpages/bush.html</a>

I am pretty much done with this thread because I nor anyone else is able to disprove Bush in the mindless eyes of those that are truly snowed.....tis sad that some choose to remain blind.....very sad.

Oh and here is the draft for the article of impeachment:

<a href='http://www.votetoimpeach.org/notes_1.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.votetoimpeach.org/notes_1.htm</a>
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

uh actually when bowling for columbine came out there was a HUGE amount of naysayers pointing out his lies. This is merely another example of his bs, so much more so than even some of the foolish liberals have started to admit it
I know you hate bush, but just becuase his movie is synchronous with your own feelings doesnt mean its true.
Its like how they say, you see what you want to see, you believe what you want to believe.
If you take the time to actually check up his :facts" you might notice something.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

uh actually when bowling for columbine came out there was a HUGE amount of naysayers pointing out his lies. This is merely another example of his bs, so much more so than even some of the foolish liberals have started to admit it
I know you hate bush, but just becuase his movie is synchronous with your own feelings doesnt mean its true.
Its like how they say, you see what you want to see, you believe what you want to believe.
If you take the time to actually check up his :facts" you might notice something.
This can be the same for you guys too......

AND you still have not said which facts are false?
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

Nice turnaround though, I dont feel like typing a 200 page report, but heres quote that reminded me of moore's work

"The art of not reading is a very important one. It consists in not taking an interest in whatever may be engaging the attention of the general public at any particular time. When some political or ecclesiastical pamphlet, or novel, or poem is making a great commotion, you should remember that he who writes for fools always finds a large public."

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Posted Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:27 am:</span>

but here is a quick article that is succint.
<a href='http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/' target='_blank'>http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/</a>