anyone seen Farenheit 9/11?

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

anyone seen Farenheit 9/11?

Post by Jean Pool »

It is sold out around here, the first weekend. My friend told me all about it. It sounds like some graphic scenes that'd make me hurl. War is ugly. I can't stand beheadings. And Bush is repulsive.

I thnik I'll see it. It's gotta be better than the Passion.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Don't think I'll bother.

Micheal Moore's a jerk.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

Michael Moore cares no more about these causes than I care about fly poop. He's only interested in making waves and making money.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I saw it today. It was sort of simple-minded, propoganda, sloganistic; however, I think some of his points were well-taken and humorous. Unfortunately those of us who oppose the war and dislike Bush really don't need to see this movie, and those of you who could benefit from understanding a different point of view probably won't bother seeing it.

I dare HJ and Meredith to see and to give us their honest opinions, backed by evidence (think: High School English class, support your thesis, don't just name-call). I will even donate money to this forum (via paypal) if you see it and report on it.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I won't take that dare. I find Micheal Moore to be a repulsive individual and wouldn't let him profit from me seeing it. I've seen the commercals and they talk about George Bush going on vacation. But he is always available when he vacations as is any leader.

You have to know that MM set out with an anti Bush agenda when he started the movie and that alone makes it not worth seeing for me.
I would only see it if it had balance and it dosen't.

When 9/11 happened everyone was gung ho to get revenge. Now in hind sight the war in Iraq may not have been right according to the reasons the coalition went but the world is better for the removal of Saddam.

I don't think this kind of mockumentery is going to help set the world right.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i won't take that dare either. as HJ said, if it were fair & balanced, i might, but seeing the HOOPLA everyone is making about it and knowing its NOT fair gives me reason not to see it. (besides that fact that i despise Moore and did even before he started his Bush attacks).

btw, take a gander at the thread i made re: the war.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 this Saturday.

Prior to seeing it, which I had every plan on doing when I found it would be released in the theatre, I watched the Cannes conference after he received the award for Best Documentary. During this conference, which was quite long, reporters asked Michael Moore questions and his answers were pretty clear and not all were what I expected.

Mainly that he is NOT a Democrat and that the making of this film was not to bash Bush. I know that all of the right-wing Republicans do see it that way, but if you actually saw the picture, you would see that it mainly focuses on not just Bush, but the actions of the entire administration. The facts that are presented are real….not matter how you would like to think….these are real things that have and are going on with this administration.

It is truly amazing what has actually gone on in the White House….all of which is actually documented and factual. People do not want to believe that not only Bush Jr., but also Bush Sr. are truly not in it for the American people. The relationships that the Bush family has had with the Saudis are so in depth that it really makes you think wtf is actually going on with our top leaders.

I know that it was already mentioned, that the issue of Bush’s vacation habits during the first months of his presidency, but you really have to see it to believe it. He is actually going in the Guinness Book of World Records as US president to take the most vacation time. During the first 8 months he was on vacation 42% of the time….that is almost half. Now people will say, “Oh, well he was still working during his vacation.â€ÂÂÂÂÂ
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

:goodposting:

I am going to download this today, been wanting to see it since it won the Palm D'Or.
I don't think its really the sort of film you need to see in the Cinema, and I can't wait for it to be released on DVD.

And to add to the comments about Michael Moore being just in it for the money, I find this ridiculous myself.
I remember his TV Show when he campaigned to get American Workers their jobs back etc etc. Moore could have sold out years ago and taken a more commercialy viable approach to his activities, watering down his tactics.
He never did.
And regardless of what he is in it for, he does get results, the decision by Walmart to stop selling ammunition in its stores springs to mind.
I didn't know that he was planning on releasing this after just 2 months, but a similar thing was done with Bowling for Columbine which was also rushed to Terrestrial TV.
I imagine part of the reason for this is so it reaches a wider audience as it is a current film that should be watched in today's climate.
Movie Studios hold off on releasing onto DVD and video in order for the movie to make maximum profits at the cinema and then once again on DVD. Further proof that Moore is in this for more than just the money.

Anyway, back to the film, I really want to see it. Unfortunatley JP made a very good point.......... the people who are going to see this movie are those who already sympathise with Moore's point of view while those that believe Bush smells of roses are never going to see it.
Mind you Moore makes Politics more accesible to those who usually don't bother, so I don't think the whole project will be wasted. And it will make interesting viewing.

Damn these long posts must be catching! :o :lol:
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Maybe MM should run for President and do a much better job. :badgrin:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

Maybe MM should run for President and do a much better job. :badgrin:
if that happens, i'm moving to Canada (or Mexico - or my own little private island in the middle of the ocean where I am QUEEN!!!)
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Well, I hadn't put much thought into seeing the movie, however, I will now- thanks to Cin's review. :wink:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i will say that Cinny's review did pique my interest (just a tad) but i'm still not really all that interested in seeing it. i still believe it's very slanted due to MM's opinion of Bush (he may not be a democrat but he's certainly no repulican either)

and i just want to state, for the record, that I do not now, nor have I ever believed that Bush smells of roses. I do believe, however, that he was a MUCH better choice over Gore and is a MUCH better choice over Kerry.
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

Shes one of my best Delicious Reviewers Image

nope................ shes my best Delicious Reviewer :)

*To become a Delicious Reviews Correspondent please send your resume and a letter outlining why you believe you would excel as a Delicious correspondent to scoobydoo@shithotmail.com *
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

*To become a Delicious Reviews Correspondent please send your resume and a letter outlining why you believe you would excel as a Delicious correspondent to scoobydoo@shithotmail.com *

LOVE the email addy (:rofl:)
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

Its realImage ............... really it is Image

Test it and see :o