Monster

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Monster

Post by CinnamonGirl »

As stated in my other thread...it was a movie weekend for me.

Monster....staring Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci. Earned Charlize the academy award for best actress in this one and I believe it was well deserved.

You all know that she was portraying Aileen Wuornos...known to be America's first female serial killer. I have to say that she did an excellent job in this. I had seen a few shows on Wuornos and in the movie, Charlize really looked like her and sounded like her as well. Very creepy....

It was remarkable and distrubing at times to see her because they really made her look fuckin gross....she put on a bunch of weight and the dental implants they made her wear in this were really nasty. Amazing really since Charlize is one of the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. I am not a real big fan of Christina Ricci but they made her pretty creeped out as well...she played Wuornos' lesbian cohort.

Very interesting and really worth seeing in my opinion....even just for the transformation purposes.

Gotta give it a :thumbsup:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i've been wanting to see this as well b/c of the amazing trasnformation of Theron... i will now add it to my netflix list. thanks
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

I still haven't seen this, but wanna.. and I suppose I will. :nodder: :D
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I really want to see this movie........

I saw a documentry on the real woman, they did a pretty good job on the make-up, looks alot like her :o
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I haven't seen it, but now I will. I noticed her at the awards looking like Jean Harlow, so I think she was making extra sure people could see that she was really beautiful and only acting mean in the movie.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

The Canadian Press went nuts for this film.

I'm wondering where it was filmed.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Was supposed to be in Florida.

Charlize has always been beautiful and known for it...that is why it was such a stretch for her to be made into someone who was far from beautiful.

First flim I saw her in, which was her debut, was 2 Days in the Valley. Even I can say that she was HOT in that. She wore this white satiny catsuit that was outrageous and she fought with Terri Hatcher.....
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

Yeah she was hot, until the fighting got a little more extreme and the male stunt-double squeezed into that catsuit :lol:
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

LMAO!!! Yeah....her and Terri Hatcher both had that happen from what I remember. :lol:
AJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AJ »

I thought the movie was great. Kinda weird but still good. Charlize Theron is so beautiful in real life but they made her look so horrible in the movie. But she did a really great job.