Post by Merideth »

not hating... :sleep: sleepin'
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

*pops sleeping pills into everyone's drinks*
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

More?
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

please, no...... :shock:
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

Who's to really say what Clinton or Kerry would have done had they been Pres during thr same period.

Bush is a politician after all and knows the value of that kind of publicity, same as any serious politico.

If not for publicity, why ever would it be a public photograph?
and yet, no one ever says how the economy might have been with bush under during clintons terms
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Who's to really say what Clinton or Kerry would have done had they been Pres during thr same period.

Bush is a politician after all and knows the value of that kind of publicity, same as any serious politico.

If not for publicity, why ever would it be a public photograph?
and yet, no one ever says how the economy might have been with bush under during clintons terms
No need to....we saw what Bush Sr. did...no reason to think that the oil man from Texas who couldn't find oil would have done any differently. :roll:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

so you judged him on the actions of his father before he ever even entered office. that's typical liberal thinking there, CG. i would have expected better from you.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

See the funny thing is most liberals denyt the actually of global economics that shows that it takes YEARS for the economy to change the way it did for clinton, in other words Bush Sr. is the one who made the economic situation so good, billy just came in and rode the already good wave, and got credit for it, by simpletons.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

so you judged him on the actions of his father before he ever even entered office.  that's typical liberal thinking there, CG.  i would have expected better from you.
Merideth....his track record as governor of Texas speaks for itself....aside from what he has done with environmental policies since becoming president.

Under George W. Bush's leadership, Texas ranks number one in a many categories of pollution and environmental degradation. For example, Texas is:

#1 in the Emission of Ozone Causing Air Pollution Chemicals
#1 in Toxic Chemical releases into the Air
#1 in use of Deep Well Injectors as method of Waste Disposal
#1 in counties listed in top 20 of Emitting Cancer Causing Chemicals
#1 in Total Number of Hazardous Waste Incinerators
#1 in Environmental Justice Title 6 complaints
#1 in production of Cancer causing Benzene & Vinyl Chloride
#1 Largest Sludge Dump in Country

Texas air quality has worsened significantly under Gov. Bush's administration. The Houston-Galveston area has had eight of the top ten ozone (smog) peaks in the nation, far surpassing Los Angeles. But as concern over the health and environmental consequences rise, the governor's policy has been only to fight the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's attempts to impose stricter air quality protections.

When confronted with the option of enforcing regulations or bypassing them, Gov. Bush has consistently chosen the latter. After research showed that 1,000 unregulated, "grandfathered" industrial plants accounted for a huge proportion of Texas air pollution, Bush opposed legislation that would force the companies to clean up and instead cut a back room deal to install a "voluntary" program. The heads of these companies include some of the Governor's largest campaign contributors.

The Governor intervened to ask the federal government to let the state handle planning to protect endangered species, then supported legislation and other actions to allow development and other threats to the species to continue, so far indefinitely.

Under Bush's watch Texas has deregulated many aspects of its environmental policy, including policies governing wastewater discharges, pesticides, air pollution and even certain types of nuclear waste.

Industry consultants and board members of polluting companies have been appointed to run Texas key regulating agencies. As a result, state environmental regulators have become largely ineffective, with inadequate resources or direction to enforce even the regulations still on the books. Texas environmental agency inspectors are now actually required as agency policy give notice of compliance inspections one to two weeks in advance. Texas PEER frankly fears for the nation's environmental well being if Gov. Bush's agenda rises to the federal government level. Governor Bush has said, "What Texans can dream, Texans can do." Clearly, Gov. Bush never dreamed of cleaning up Texas' environment.

So no is the answer to your question.

But we all know that he was trying to finish what his daddy didn't with Saddam.

I would just like to say that I have kept from the "name calling" yet you continue to use the word "liberal" everytime you make a post to me...have I called you a right-wing radical? I think not.

Let's just state our opinions and leave the name calling in the schoolyard, shall we? :D
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

the opposite of a liberal is a conservative, if being called a liberal offends you, thats not anyones fault

if it walks like a duck, and whines likea duck....

"But we all know that he was trying to finish what his daddy didn't with Saddam. "

no you think that, you also think smoking pot is alright. Am i incorrect?
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

the opposite of a liberal is a conservative, if being called a liberal offends you, thats not anyones fault

if it walks like a duck, and whines likea duck....

"But we all know that he was trying to finish what his daddy didn't with Saddam. "

no you think that, you also think smoking pot is alright. Am i incorrect?
I never said that it offended me. I just stated that I did not resort to name calling...since we are all supposed to be friends here...well, except for you that is.
I am a card carrying Democrat and not ashamed to admit it.

You fail that to see that not only I see that as being the case Jaysander.

And yes...smoking pot is just fine.
jasynder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasynder »

like i said if being a liberal is offensive to you, then stop being one. Dunno what to tell you