Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Why didn't you see this on the news?

Post by Peter »

"MIKE & DUBYA"

<span style='color:red'>From LCDR Genie Papas...</span>

Attached is a picture of one of my best friends in the Army, Mike McNaughton. We were privates together in 1990-1994. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that
they would go on a run together.

True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing.

Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

CPT Justin P. Dodge, MD

Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

outstanding!!!!! This is why I like George Bush. Would you have EVER seen Clinton do that? Do you think Kerry would? Not likely.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Who's to really say what Clinton or Kerry would have done had they been Pres during thr same period.

Bush is a politician after all and knows the value of that kind of publicity, same as any serious politico.

If not for publicity, why ever would it be a public photograph?
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

George Bush didn't do it for a publicity opportunity.

If he did his press secretary would have had places to get the picture out other than some obscure web site that people would only stumble across it.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

if it were a publicity stunt, it would have been ALL over the news, radio,newspapers. um, it hasn't. and the only place Clinton ever ran was to McDonalds to buy his big mac.

oh, and i seriously doubt Kerry would ever do this, but he seems to like flipping Vietnam veterans the bird in front of school kids AT the Vietnam Memorial in DC ON Memorial Day... betcha didn't hear about that little tidbit on the news, did ya?
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

oh, and i seriously doubt Kerry would ever do this, but he seems to like flipping Vietnam veterans the bird in front of school kids AT the Vietnam Memorial in DC ON Memorial Day... betcha didn't hear about that little tidbit on the news, did ya?
:? How do you know that happened? Did YOU see it?
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

FoxNews -- liberal media won't report it
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

Like I said..I stay out of Presidental Elections...I rather be a communist (note: not the bastardized version of communism) before being a democrat or a republican.
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

I rather be a communist (note: not the bastardized version of communism).
:? there's a good version of communism???
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

pure communism is the perfect system, but it will never survive due to the presence of a lil thing called human greed.

i will prolly be voting for bush due to the sole reason i hate kerry.
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

explain to me how TOTAL government control over EVERY aspect of your life is good? that's what communism is.
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

the completely equal sharing of all things available to the people by the people was in essence a eutopian idea

it would allow for all people to be treated equal and say or do what they pleased with what they had

thats what Carl Marx wanted

Lenin needed gov control at first to make the whole thing fly, to guide people away from from the pursuit of $, but GREED wouldnt allow that to happen

when people showed doubt in the whole system, the Polit Bureau couldnt allow it to crumble, so by the end of Lenin's term and Stalins reign ... it was a dictatorship

read the Communist Manifesto ... the right ideas are all there ... its the human will that didnt allow it to work
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

so part of society will work & part will do nothing and everyone gets the same.
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

holy shit ... NO ... everyone works everyone receives ... the gov control was in theory NOT supposed to exist(or continue to exist after Lenin had gotten the whole thing to work) ...
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

There is a difference in a publicity stunt, which I never said it was, and something being done to inhance an image, which I did (maybe wrongly) suggest.

HJ I love you dearly, but I'm of the opinion that almost everything done, in the public, by any politician, is a publicity opportunity.
Why you could only find the pic in one place, I have no idea. I don't look for em at all.

But the White House press photographer or whatever the title is was well aware of this and every other photo-op that this and every other president was in.

Meri, you're going on your assumptions about both Clinton and Kerry, the same as me.
Neither of us knows.

As for the FoxNews report you mention. I saw it here in Chicago too.
Probably a different take by us Northerners though.
Coz it was reported here that he was "caught" at the wrong time, seemingly flipping off the Vets but was actually directing his "gesture" to a group of photographers and hecklers.

That's their take, I didn't make any judgement on it other than to say he was stupid for doing it at all in such a public place and time.