Post by Peter »

Ronald Reagan. He loved America.

Rest in peace.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

Its so sad. Just this morning FoxNews aired a piece about him being pretty sick & in rapidly declining health in just the last few days. Then as we were getting ready to leave for dinner, Ron had FoxNews on again and they are saying he's dead. So sad! He was the longest living President, he was 93. And you're right, he LOVED America and wanted the best for her. He will be missed.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

It wasn't unexpected.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

no one said it was, but just because you expect it doesn't make it any less sad.
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Sad for his family yes. I agree.
But I don't feel he was one of our "greatest" presidents.
There was controversey during his terms in office same as in most others, but they are forgotten with the passing of time.

I deal with death and dying on a day-to-day basis and the passing of Ronald Reagan just doesn't make an impression on me, personally.

ergo: no saddness on my part.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Ronald Regan is on of my "life heros".

He was a Democrat at one time in his life and an actor, then became a Republican and a Govenor. His politics was was civil. Did didn't run a negative campain. Iran freed the American hostages just before he was inaugurated as President. He out lasted the cold war and called an evil empire an evil empire, and helped to end comunist Russia. He called for the Berlin Wall to be brought down and it was.
He instilled a calm in America that no other President had before him or since.
He will be remembered by history as one of the great American Presidents

I love his quote, "Trust, but verify."

He was the man that gave me my respect for YOUR country.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

I don't believe you can name another president in the last 50yrs who was better or who did more for our country. He loved America, not himself!
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Meri and HJ, I'm not trying to argue with you. Honest.
I'm simply stating my opinion of all the hoopla around the death of another president.

This same thing happens whenever one of em dies so I'm used to it.

HJ I'll appreciate Mr.R if only coz of what you said about his swaying of your feelings toward the USA.

Meri, you're an elephant and I'm a donkey. We're gonna see this and most political issues differently.
But like I said, I feel no sadness. I didn't know him or his family. Didn't care for him as an actor. As a president, I found him no worse or better than some others. Some of the "accomplishments" he's taken credit for were in the works long before he became president. But that also goes for other presidents. On the other hand there were things put into motion by him that were finalized and/or carried out by or during the terms of, other presidents.

But I am an American and have the right to express my opinion, negative or positive because I was born and live here. I vote and pay my taxes same as anyone else in this country.

So please don't get angry or feel disgust with me because I don't share your feelings about R.R.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

where did i say anything about feeling angry or disgusted with you? please don't misunderstand, i'm not angry or disgusted. like you, i am simply stating MY opinion of the man & what he did for our country. and when i said "its sad" it IS, i didn't cry or anything, but the man DID serve and lead our country for 8+ yrs (as governor & as president). and i'm 31 yrs old, and i honestly don't remember the last time a president died.
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

I thought it was kinda sad to hear the news. However, like Sho.. I'm not affected by it. :dunno: It happens to everyone, ya know? I mean.. my God, he was 93!! :shock:
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

Yeah thats why I don't see it as being particularly sad............. shit thats a pretty long life, most don't get that many years.
I think when people die at that age its kinda their time really.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i'll remember that in 70 yrs when y'all die :lol:
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

err.... ok
.:VerTiGo:.