I gotta go vote today!

"Anything" and "Goes". You don't need a high IQ to figure it out
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

I gotta go vote today!

Post by Merideth »

Yes, I know it's not a national election day. But we have a referendum up for vote for our little town today. Its to let us residents decide if we want alcohol and/beer sold here. If approved, it would open the way for another grocery store (a better one than Food Lion) that could sell beer & wine on premises. AND even better it would open the door for some really good restaurants. Don't get me wrong, the little mom & pop place we have is ok, but it's no O'Charley's or Applebee's or even Pizza Hut (we have NO pizza delivery place cause most pizza places sell beer). I am ALL for this. It would mean the economy of Locust would grow & our little town would become a better place I think. This still won't allow an ABC store but we don't need that anyway. But it would be nice to not have to drive 25 minutes to shop so I can buy beer at the same time as my other groceries.

So, keep your fingers crossed.

BTW, if it doesn't pass, by NC State Law, it can't be brought to vote again for THREE years.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Dear Lord, hunny, WHERE do you live?? No pizza delivery? NO Applebee's?? NO BEER???! :faint:

And I thought I lived in a little town!! :shock:

BTW, our Pizza Hut doesn't sell beer anymore, so its not like thet HAVE to sell it to be an opersting restaurant.. :dunno:
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

beer is good.
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

No beer??

I'd die...I'd just die.
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

:doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:
*burp :kickcan:
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

Well, ok. Maybe "death" is a little extreme....

But I bet I'd be plenty thirsty!
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

we live in an itty bitty teeny tiny town 25 miles east of Charlotte. last count we had approx 5000 population (but we are growing, thus the alcohol referendum) we currently have only ONE grocery store. we do have TWO gas stations and with in the last year got a Mc D's, a Hardee's and a Wendy's. we'd LOVE another grocery (for choice and so Food Lion will stop price gouging) and some decent restaurants. we DO have a chinese place and a mexican place but they neither deliver. there is rumor that we are getting a Dominos and even tho i hate dominos at this point ANY pizza delivery is GOOD!
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

um..wow my town is roughly around 5000 people as well. And we have several wine and deli stores that can sell alcholol.

" are growing, thus the alcohol referendum) we currently have only ONE grocery store. we do have TWO gas stations and with in the last year got a Mc D's, a Hardee's and a Wendy's. we'd LOVE another grocery (for choice and so Food Lion will stop price gouging)"

We have two gas stations as well, 1 dominoes, 1 CVS, 1 selbys, 1 Mcdonalds, and 1 Chinese food resturant. Use to have a 7-11 but it closed. We also have Cuginis which is a resturant that started in P-ville (makes great pizza, my mom use to work with the owner when they both worked as accounts at Bank of America), and we have Bassets which is a sit down resturant ..quite nice.
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
Danny1810
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Danny1810 »

we live in an itty bitty teeny tiny town 25 miles east of Charlotte. last count we had approx 5000 population (but we are growing, thus the alcohol referendum)  we currently have only ONE grocery store.  we do have TWO gas stations and with in the last year got a Mc D's, a Hardee's and a Wendy's.  we'd LOVE another grocery (for choice and so Food Lion will stop price gouging) and some decent restaurants.  we DO have a chinese place and a mexican place but they neither deliver.  there is rumor that we are getting a Dominos and even tho i hate dominos at this point ANY  pizza delivery is GOOD!
only in the States does fast food outnumber every other type of store pput together :roll:

This is 1 reason why our shops are loads better though, cos you can get beer at so many places compared to over there
Penfold, Shush
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Good luck Merideth. :)
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

its really just small small towns that are still dry.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

we live in an itty bitty teeny tiny town 25 miles east of Charlotte. last count we had approx 5000 population (but we are growing, thus the alcohol referendum)  we currently have only ONE grocery store.  we do have TWO gas stations and with in the last year got a Mc D's, a Hardee's and a Wendy's.  we'd LOVE another grocery (for choice and so Food Lion will stop price gouging) and some decent restaurants.  we DO have a chinese place and a mexican place but they neither deliver.  there is rumor that we are getting a Dominos and even tho i hate dominos at this point ANY  pizza delivery is GOOD!
only in the States does fast food outnumber every other type of store pput together :roll:

This is 1 reason why our shops are loads better though, cos you can get beer at so many places compared to over there
The whole damn country isn't loads better. :roll: I'm sure there are small places there that suck. Charlotte NC and New York NY are 2 VERRRY different places..
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

its really just small small towns that are still dry.
Poolesville..lol

Maybe it's cause we're considered a diff providence or something...cause we don't have to follow all the state's laws..like their no smoking in public ban.
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

No smoking in public?? Thats touchy cos I can clearly see both sides to that... but NO SMOKING in public seems a lil strict to me...
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

i believe its law ^ in NYC.
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]