Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Post by Merideth »

It really just wasn't all that good. I like Russell Crowe & all, but pppffffttttt. This movie seems to really drrraaaaaaagggggggg in spots and the ending.. well, the ending just PISSES ME OFF! I hate finishing a movie and sitting there saying "WTF? What happens next???" There's not even any good nudie shots of Crowe or anything! Gladiator was MUCH better!
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

that movie straight up sucked ... i fast forwarded in places ... thank god i didnt see it in the theaters
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i know, same here!
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I didn't think it was as bad as that :?
I did watch it on an airplane though...... so I guess I was just happy to be watching something.

I know what you're saying about it being a bit boring and not really going anywhere......... but there was something about it that I liked.
I thought Russel Crowe was shit in it though, the guy who played the doctor was much better.
And I liked the ending, it didn't really end whithout explaining what happened, it was kind of a happy ending really, and just continued the theme of the movie......... the whole film was more a slice of life on the seas, as opposed to trying tell a particular story. So there was no end to tell really, life at sea just continued.

I still wouldn't particularly recommend the film to anyone though :? .......... unless you're on a long haul flight and the other films on are Gothika and some crappy british Romantic comedy with Hugh Grant and that fat girl from Eastenders :roll:
Night_Angel
Im a Voidaholic
Im a Voidaholic

Post by Night_Angel »

i did not like that movie one bit....
[size=][i]"They think, but they don't know. If they knew, I'd already be dead." - Carlito Brigante : Carlito's Way[/i]

[i]"You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes, you know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be." - Tony Montana : Scarface[/i][/size]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

and even my hubby, who typically likes that genre of movie was glad that i rented it before biying it form me. told me not to bother buying it
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

Merideth are you on the booze ? biying it form ?

I concur with DD on this one (movie)
Night_Angel
Im a Voidaholic
Im a Voidaholic

Post by Night_Angel »

eh, i still say it sucked, i fell asleep halfway through, what a waste of $4 for renting it
[size=][i]"They think, but they don't know. If they knew, I'd already be dead." - Carlito Brigante : Carlito's Way[/i]

[i]"You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes, you know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be." - Tony Montana : Scarface[/i][/size]
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

no problem
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

OMG, sorry about the typos.... i meant to say "buying it for him" oy... not on the sauce now, but maybe i need a drink after that! holy crap!
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I bought it today for 15 dollars(Canadian).

I know I'll like it.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i bet you won't... it sucks