Lost in Translation

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Lost in Translation

Post by CinnamonGirl »

It was quite the movie weekend for me....nothing from the theatres but still....movies that allegedly were worth seeing....academy award winners that is. :roll:

Lost in Translation..... :blah: Sophia Coppala's directorialy debut that won her the award for best director. Starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansen. Both actors I like so that was not a problem.

I am however, convinced that the judges for the awards are on some high powered dope and I want to get my hands on it as well or should say that I wish I had had it before watching this boing friggin flick.

We had company over when we watched it....didn't start it too late. Needless to say, we all took turns falling asleep watching this and pretty much ruined what could have been a good Saturday night.

The story was beyond boring....still can't seem to figure out what it was really about and aside from being sooooo slooooooow.....was dying for it to actually be over. Not even Bill Murray could do it for me folks.

I usually will watch just about anything just to see what it is all about but I would never recommend this to anyone...unless you have been battling insomnia.

Gotta give this one a big :thumbsdown:
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

I agree. :nodder: After all the talk aboot how GREAT this movie was (supposed to be..) I, too, took the chance and rented it... Dear God.. I thought it would never end! :shock: It WAS incredibly boring... Honestly, I can't even remember much aboot the movie cept that Bill Murray and that other girl had a fling in Japan.. ? :lol: It sucked!
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Definately a snoozefest...... :goodnight:
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I am so relieved to hear you say that. All my friends and everyone around here loved it, so I thought there was something wrong with me for finding it way over rated.

A friend of mine who did business in Japan said it was very apt and praised it highly for capturing the experience of an American in Tokyo.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

My security officer at work told me it was good, but too many others told me differently.

Remember the best picture called "Driving Miss Daisy"? Musta been a really bad yeatr for movies.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i like Driving Miss Daisy
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

that was a very sweet movie
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

But best picture of the year?
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

no, as i said in another thread, Dead Poets Society should have one that year
C-Dub
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by C-Dub »

lost in translation was boring, but there were some funny parts by murray - like when he was supposed to pose :lol:
[i][b]WERD[[/b]/i]
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

:lol: And the photographer was saying 10 minutes worth of Japanese, and the translator would say, "He said to sit up strait.." That was the best part of the movie, I think... :)
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Exactly......that was classic Murray but still not enough. The endless time that it seemed to get through the movie made me want to kill myself......like I was waiting for something good to happen and it never did.

Once again....sucked ass. :emf:
AJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AJ »

I hate Bill Murray. Maybe its because I hate groundhog day? That movie was the worst movie ever made.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

I LOVE Groundhog Day
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

I hate Bill Murray. Maybe its because I hate groundhog day? That movie was the worst movie ever made.
I too hated that movie! Horrible and was WAITING for it to end..... :roll: