Void Regular
Void Regular

Disney and Freedom

Post by Musiclover »

Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

* Did Saudi Investors Pressure Disney To Drop Michael Moore's New Film on 9/11? *

Disney has been widely criticized for barring its subsidiary Miramax from distributing Fahrenheit 911, Moore's new documentary examining 9/11 and the ties between the Bushes and the Bin Ladens. Peter Hart from Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) reveals that a powerful member of the House of Saud, Al-Walid bin Talal, owns a major stake in Eurodisney.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

Disney has every right to deny its release. That's THEIR right as an independent company.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Disney is so ultra conservative, although they are known for rleasing animated films with satanic symbols.... go figure.

It would be bad if there were only one company that releases movies, but obviously Disney does not have a monopoly on that.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

you miss the point. disney doesn't have to release ANY movie. michael moore is all upset b/c he says his freedom of speech is being effected. :roll: you can say what you want, but that doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you. the same thing was going on with Passion of the Christ. Gibson had a tough time getting anyone to pick up & release his movie b/c of the subject matter. So, he did it himself. But where was the outcry from the public claiming his rights were being squashed?
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Musiclover
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Musiclover »

Disney has every right to deny its release.  That's THEIR right as an independent company.

You didn't read the article behind the link.... and for that Christ thing, it's not Gibson that did it but a french company