It's NOT stealing.
Danny1810
Void Minion
Void Minion

They'll be after us next

Post by Danny1810 »

1.67 Million Brits download films illegally - [Computer Piracy]
Submitted by fur1ous on 5/7/2004 11:50:55 AM 3 Comments

Illegal UK downloads of films and TV via the Internet have tripled over the past year, the British Video Association (BVA) estimates. This apparently cost the UK video business £45m in DVD sales alone during 2003. 1.67m miscreants indulged in the practice last year, compared to 570,000 in 2002. The typical offender - identified as the result of a survey of 16,000 12 to 74-year-olds - is reported as "under 35 years old and male" and "most likely to live in the south of England, where broadband is more widely available, and to download an average of 30 films or TV episodes per year".

The BVA's Lavinia Carey described the threat to the video industry as "clearly enormous". However, survey company TNS noted: "There are several factors that reduce the impact on the retail market - quality issues being the major one." As if to prove the point that quality will out in the end, the BVA said that DVD sales had increased by 61 per cent during 2003, and that video industry sales as a whole reached £2.42bn last year from £2.05bn in 2002

30 per year :oops: :oops:

more like 30 per month :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Penfold, Shush
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I hate the way they always make up these figures.......... "like it has cost the Film industry 40 million dollars" blah

It hasn't cost the film industry anything :roll:

If you leave your newspaper on the train and somebody else picks it up and reads it.......... nobody says "its cost the printing press 30 million this year alone".

Being able to download any film I want has never stopped me from buying a DVD or going to the cinema........ unless of course the film was shit and I realised it was a waste of money :badgrin:
However on the other side of that coin........... there have been a few films that I never would have bothered to see if they weren't readily available to download......... I had no interest in watching Equilibrium as I had heard it was crap........ I downloaded it, and now because of that I purchased it on DVD.
I new hardly anything about Donnie Darko, just had a friend who had seen a trailer for it or something....... had I not downloaded it I never would have eventually bought it on DVD.