Fight Night 2004

Give your thumbs some exercise on an Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo or ZX81.
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Fight Night 2004

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I've played this game a few times, but finally got a copy for myself the other day.
I have to say I've never been interested in Boxing games whatsoever, I'm much more into the full on fast paced Kung Fu style Beat-em-ups........ but I have to say Fight Night 2004 is fucking Excellent!!!

I just love the game.
Needless to say the graphics are brilliant, most EA Sports titles are, and the presentation is great as well. All the pugilists in the game look extrememly life-like, and the cut scenes and in game graphics are just perfect. When fighting you can actually see sweat spray off your fighter when he gets hit.

Your boxer will pick up bruises and cuts after a few rounds as well.... and the more tired he gets the more his stance will change, his shoulders will drop, he'll start moving slower etc.

You can create a pretty good representation of yourself as well and embark on a a full boxing career, where you can shcedule fights, train a number of different abilities (which is a lot of fun), pick your outfits, your entrance music, any effects you want, and of course my favourite...... your entourage of gorgeous ring girls in numerous skimpy outfits and bikinis.

The gameplay itself though is the best part of this game.......... they have come up with a totally new control system which just makes the game.
Without going into too much depth the left analogue stick controls your boxers movement, while the right analogue stick gives you complete control over your punches.
At first it is slightly daunting, but once you get used to it you wonder why nobody else ever thought of it.
You have complete control over every movement your boxer makes, from blocking, ducking, evading to all your hooks, jabs and uppercuts.
And of course you have your special knockout punches.

When you do knock down your opponent you are treated to some excellent violent replays that show your punch from every angle.

The career mode pulls you in gently, starting off in small seedy Boxing Gyms and halls and later on taking you to Big Fight Night venues like Casers Palace and The Staples Centre.
Everything about this game is so well done...... from the advice your trainers give you between rounds, to picking your own Hip Hop theme and lazer effects for the ultimate Entrance......... to the moment when you get knocked out and have to clear your vision by lining up three images of the ref.

I could write so much more on this game, there is so much that I discover everytime I play it. Needless to say I am heading straight to the top........ I am currently unbeaten and all my fights have been decided by knockouts :badgrin:
My favourite trick is pinning my opponent on the ropes........ delivering the knockout blow.... then as he slumps onto the ropes battering him with more shots to the head so he never gets up :badgrin:

The hardest decision I find are deciding which of my bikini-clad entourage to take with me to each fight........ those ladies get jealous you know :lol:

Even if you don't like Boxing.... you really should check this game out.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

I told you you would love it Doggy......excellent game and quite an informative review. ;)

The only thing you didn't mention is the nauseating process of getting up after you have been knocked out.... :puke:

That part still messes me up.

Other than that, GREAT GAME. :thumbsup:
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I really almost vomited when we played it on the Projector screen.......... plus everyone kept getting knocked out by me :badgrin:

Very nauseating :lol:
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Hilarious!!! :lol:

Yeah...I would say the only downside to the game.
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I think its quite good............. being knocked out aint supposed to be fun :lol:

I concentrate on the badges and line those up............... not that I get knocked down much :oops: