Reformat shit

Are you computarded and need some help?
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

I was able to go into my Get Smilie folder, for instance, and get the reg. # from their.
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

<a href='http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html' target='_blank'>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html</a>
that will save some serial numbers, it saves them to an html file, plus gives some other valuble information about your computer.

but don't you save serials with your software?
BOO
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

:) thanks Putzy....... and thanks T.......... I would have forgotten about saving my Getsmilie files :shock:

I'm gonna get started once this stupid delivery guy shows up with my new burner....... was supposed to arrive on thursday :roll:

So if you guys don't see me on monday....... you'll know I totally cocked it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

Image stupid monkeys have discontinued it........ no idea why they didn't just tell me that when I paid for the fucking thing :roll:

So no reformatting for Doggy just yet Image
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

he cocked it, oh my O.O
BOO
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Will one of you Techno-Guru-Wizzard types do a Step-by-Step on doing a system back-up and reformat?

Please?

I've tried backing-up, but can't make myself try the re-format coz I'm sure I've screwed up the back-up part of it and wont have the stuff I need to get my puter back up and the programs and shit I wanna keep. :?
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

well, I'd write a tutorial, but do you know how long that would take
send your puter to me, I'll fix it
BOO
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

I read and read on the internet how to do everything over and over and I was still scared shitless. But, it all worked out. And I'm a freakin' moron!
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Face Man you know I'd do anything for you, including letting you be my baby's daddy. :wink:

But I gotta learn how to do this myself.

You've talked about me being a little sissy-girl for too long now. I'm ready to bite the proverbial bullet.

I just wanna know somebody's gonna be holding my hand every step of the way.
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

But back ups.. thats all I'll say, especiall email ID's and FAVOURITES   and Getsmilie .gsml files :D
I'm having trouble making a back-up disc of my getsmilies program. I can back up the program into the My Documents file, and it will load from there, but when I make a copy to disc of the same file, it won't load from the disc. :sad:

I went to their help forum and snooped around, and a post said that you have to use a cd-rw disc, which I've got. Didn't help.

I was also told to try to save the file to the hard drive then copy that to disc, which I did, and it still doesn't load.

I'd reallllly like to be able to make a back-up copy so I don't lose all of my 'acquired' smilies next time my 'puter crashes, which is due to happen annnnny time now...it does it, ohhhhh, about every 4-6 months, LOL.

What could I be doing wrong? Image
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

All I do to back up my getsmilie dbs (and I have a few of them) is goto <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>File</span> >> <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Save Smilies gsml As</span> then save it to a folder in My Documents. I then back up that folder as I would anyway to an rewritable disk every week.

To LOAD a .gsml file I just goto <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>File</span> >> <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Open</span> browse for the file >> click it

I do all the loading from the hard drive
*burp :kickcan:
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

See, that's part of my problem. It won't let me load from the file saved on hard drive, only from the one in My Documents...and it's the same exact file. :? The only way I can get it to load is from the My Documents. :cry: It's like something happens to it somewhere between My Documents and the hard drive. *shrug*
rayster
Geez! I Really Love This Place
Geez! I Really Love This Place

Post by rayster »

Will one of you Techno-Guru-Wizzard types do a Step-by-Step on doing a system back-up and reformat?

Please?

I've tried backing-up, but can't make myself try the re-format coz I'm sure I've screwed up the back-up part of it and wont have the stuff I need to get my puter back up and the programs and shit I wanna keep. :?                    
well back up everything on disk or rom first ,..make sure you have it on disk or rom before you do anything,...first off ,..do you really need to refomat or just load your OS Files back in ,..the first wont touch most programs,..but better back it up anyway ..I usually have to dump my OS files back in about Once a year,...Re-formatting just really wipes it out ...sigh...found that out too...lol...diumb me...

Well your choices on what to do are on your OS disk itself,...Personally after backing up important files ,..Id try just to run the OS back in and see if that fixes your problems first ,..then if that doesnt work you could always re-format it anyway .....with me though ,..that usually takes hours to do ,..and probably best to stay by your computer ,...just in case it has a mind of its own and puts your computer in the most useless...safemode....lol

to start either of these ,...hmmm well at start up i usually press f-2 to get to c-mos....then switch start up from hatd disk to CD-rom ...or whatever your designation for what you use ...then reboot ,...and the OS disk will come up then you can have your choices on what you really want to do,......ohhh...usually when doing either one ,..dont forget to have your registration number from your OS disk handy ,...as you may have to put that in after youve done everything ,..if you dont,..well :shock: :shock: you might as well trash your computer because you wont get anywhere without that code to get it going ,..Its usually in on on the disk or it might even be located on the back of your computer even :D

well good luck on doing whatever your going to do ;)
[url=http://theedge.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx][img]http://img185.echo.cx/img185/3787/raysterssig18uh.gif[/img][/url]
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

Okay, to give you a better idea of what's happening...

When I try to load the file from the hard drive, I get the message: <span style='color:red'>Unable to find the specified smilie collection.</span>

When I try to load it from the cd, I get: <span style='color:red'>You are trying to open a smilie collection from a temporary carrier (network, floppy disk). This can be unsafe for the data. Continue? </span>.

But when I try to load it from My Documents, it loads just fine.

When I load it to the hard drive from MY Documents, I have to 'copy and paste' it to the hard drive, it doesn't give me the option to 'send to' the hard drive. It does give me the option to 'save as' to the hard disc, but it makes no difference, it won't load from there. When I copy it to disc, I have to use a cd creator program and 'drag and drop' it to the creator program because it only gives me the option to 'send to' floppy, not cd. Could I be doing something wrong by doing it this way?