The Exorcism of Emily Rose

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

*BUMP*

Watched this last night. It was good.. disturbing but good. :tehe:
And then I read more about the story- turns out the story is based (loosely) on the life of Annaliese Michel of Germany- NOT an Emily Rose of U.S. :tehe:
It was so strange.. and creepy. I won't look at the alarm clock (consciencely) when I randomly wake up in the middle of the night anymore... :shock: :lol:
midnight
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by midnight »

I'm glad someone actually got to see this one to give a review! I've got it on my list. I may bump it up since it's #9. LOL I read a bit into the story when it first came out and I definitely wanna see this 'un.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

I read about it, too.. but I just Googled "Emily Rose" not the other girl.. Its definately a good movie to watch. :) If for nothing else- the story. Knowing that it really happened is freaky.
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

We went to the drive in last year (last weekend open they have 4 or 5 movies) and I took Kid and da boys, I dont remember the first movie which they stayed awake for and don't remember the 2nd movie when they fell asleep and slept thru the whole thing. When Emily Rose started they were both passed out like a rock. 5 minutes into the movie PJ the youngest starts screaming at the top of his lungs. We rocked him and took him out of the car and walked him, offered him something to eat and drink, but no matter what he would not stop crying and screaming and he was so loud you could hear him throughout the parking lot. We ended up leving and almost as soon as we left the drive in he fell asleep and stayed asleep until the next afternoon. He did not want us to watch that movie for some reason.
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

how cool is that ?.......you guys still have a drive in?
dahkme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dahkme »

yes there are a couple within 40 miles or so of where we live.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

there's a couple still around here too
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

dahkme wrote:We went to the drive in last year (last weekend open they have 4 or 5 movies) and I took Kid and da boys, I dont remember the first movie which they stayed awake for and don't remember the 2nd movie when they fell asleep and slept thru the whole thing. When Emily Rose started they were both passed out like a rock. 5 minutes into the movie PJ the youngest starts screaming at the top of his lungs. We rocked him and took him out of the car and walked him, offered him something to eat and drink, but no matter what he would not stop crying and screaming and he was so loud you could hear him throughout the parking lot. We ended up leving and almost as soon as we left the drive in he fell asleep and stayed asleep until the next afternoon. He did not want us to watch that movie for some reason.
PJ saved you ass. You must never see that movie (or else)

:|
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

why do you say that pawn?
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

:lol: pawn!
justme
Aiming for Minion Status
Aiming for Minion Status

Post by justme »

Just watched this movie - very creepy - especially knowing it is based in fact - a must watch I think!