Resident Evil: Apocalypse

You either ripped off Hollywood or lined the overpaid actors pockets.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Post by CinnamonGirl »

This movie opened up this weekend and was number 1 for the weekend as well.

For all those that were a fan of the Resident Evil games, I am sure that you as well were waiting for this sequel to finally come out....since I have been seeing trailers for it for months......FINALLY!

I really loved this flick! Great sequel to the first movie and really completely different from the first one as well.

Mila kicks ass as an action star...she did in the first one and was kick-ass as well in The Fifth Element. Nice cross-over from a career in modeling....especially since most models-turn-actress tend to suck at it. :roll:

Action was great......zombie action was cool....I would have preferred more though. They still had the menacing Lickers and the zombie dogs. New to this movie was the Nemesis...if you remember the end of the first flick, the guy Matt who survived with Mila (Alice) was taken away by the Umbrella Corp after he was infected by the T-Virus which had begun to mutate......well, he was back as the Nemesis. Totally cool how they brought the video game creature to life in this! Real bad-ass guy!

As I said, lots of action...lots of zombies and freaky creatures and plenty of bad guys....even had member of the S.T.A.R team from the games in the flick so that was cool as well.

I recommend it to Resident Evil game lover as well as people who didn't play the game but perhaps saw the first one.

CinnamonGirl gives it a big :thumbsup:
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

ooo oo must see :excited: . I gave a HUGE thumbsup to the 1st res evil movie. I actually didn't think it was gonna be much good, with it having Mila in it (She's a hottie, but the 5th Element sucked, or maybe it was Brucie that ruined that for me --Hes John Maclean, he'll always be John Maclean :lol:)

Not a fan of the res evil games though :?

goes off to suprnova :search:
*burp :kickcan:
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

I liked The Fifth Element but it is ok if you didn't. :D
DoggyDelicious
Official Forum Dog
Official Forum Dog

Post by DoggyDelicious »

I havn't even seen the First RE movie.... like voidster I thought it was going to suck.

Might check thsi one out though if it has the Nemesis in it :) ....... I loved that character in the game....... that was actually the last RE game I actually enjoyed, got bored of the whole survival horror genre by then.

But I loved the first 3 games on the PS1 and the Nemesis was great in the third game, when you'd hear him stomping along at random moments in the game Image ........ he was one tough bastard :o

Since then the games have bored me somewhat....... although the new Resident Evil on PS2 is going to be online and looks quite interesting 8)
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

This movie was filmed in Toronto. The helicopter scene in front of the 2 curved buildings and small domed one which is the Toronto City Hall. This building was also used in Star Trek.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Yes, I noticed that as well HJ, that it was filmed in Canada....saw the version of Seattle's Space Needle.
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

seeing it today at 4:40pm. :)
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

Yes, I noticed that as well HJ, that it was filmed in Canada....saw the version of Seattle's Space Needle.
That is the CN Tower. It's the tallest free standing structure in the world....or was. It has a revolving restraunt at the top with a glass floor.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

Just got back from the movie and dinner and it kicked ass. :)

It helps also if you know the RE storyline.
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Yes it does....wish they would have stayed a bit more on the story line of the game but I guess that would have been a bit difficult.

The mansion was always scary. :shock:
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

hehe RE has never really scared me. The only scary thing I can think of is that this could happen in real life. Imagine if Umbrella did exist?

Anyway..at least they had the licker in this one. :) And Nemesis! Even though they made Nemesis look like a good guy at the end. :(
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Yeah....made you feel sorry for him and all. That sucked.
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

yeah Nemesis in the videogame is a bad arse. He can't be killed easily..lol

You kill him, and he just gets resurrected.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Tell me about it. :roll:

You had to make sure you were plenty healthy and had lots of ammo to kill him....one of the hardest parts of the whole game.
Night_Angel
Im a Voidaholic
Im a Voidaholic

Post by Night_Angel »

**cries** i wanna see it and i still haven't gotten to!!!!!
[size=][i]"They think, but they don't know. If they knew, I'd already be dead." - Carlito Brigante : Carlito's Way[/i]

[i]"You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes, you know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be." - Tony Montana : Scarface[/i][/size]