Courtesy, dignity and respect

Love, Romance and Sibling rivalry. Whether they get on your tits or you want to get all mushy.
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Courtesy, dignity and respect

Post by Peter »

Date: Dec 28 2006 10:25 PM

Years ago, a 10 year old boy approached the counter of a soda shop and climbed on to a stool.

"What does an ice cream sundae cost?" he asked the waitress.

"Fifty cents," she answered

The youngster reached deep in his pockets and pulled out an assortment of change, counting it carefully as the waitress grew impatient. She had 'bigger' customers to wait on.

"Well, how much would just plain ice cream be?" the boy asked.
The waitress responded with noticeable irritation in her voice, "Thirty-five cents."

Again, the boy slowly counted his money.

"May I have some plain ice cream in a dish then, please?" He gave the waitress the correct amount, and she brought him the ice cream.

Later, the waitress returned to clear the boy's dish and when she picked it up, she felt a lump in her throat. There on the counter the boy left two nickels and five pennies. She realized that he had enough money for the sundae, but sacrificed it so that he could leave her a tip.

The moral of this sweet story: Before passing judgment, first treat others with courtesy, dignity and respect.

Adapted from A Lifetime of Success by Pat Williams.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
T-Boyd

Re: Courtesy, dignity and respect

Post by T-Boyd »

Peter wrote:From: Dennis
Date: Dec 28 2006 10:25 PM

Before passing judgment, first treat others with courtesy, dignity and respect.

Who are we to pass judgment, anyway?
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Its just natural to assume that a 10 year old child wouldn't know or think to leave a tip.