Moving Blues

Love, Romance and Sibling rivalry. Whether they get on your tits or you want to get all mushy.
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

OK, that's it, I'm PISSED
so I'm selling my house, and it's all going wrong
first, the first appraiser screwed up the appraisal, and the mortgage underwriter didn't like the comparable properties.
So, we had it re-appraised by another company. Now this appraiser worked her ass off to get the appraisal done fast, the lender worked late to get the appraisal back to underwriting, now it's setting on some douchebag's desk for 2 friggin' days waiting until they stop jerking off.
Meanwhile, we have half our stuff packed, money in the bank to settle on the new house, our cupboards as empty as possible so there's less to move, and my wife is frustrated......I don't blame her.

I so want to kick Fannie Mae's fanny (for all you brits and canadians, Fannie Mae is the government regulated lending institution that backs all the loans.) Anyway, I think somebody needs a good clobbering :evil:
BOO
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

I'm sorry you're being jerked around Face. But it'll all come together soon.

So where's the new house? Close? Same city? State?
Still with as much real estate as the other one? Are the kids excited or pissed about the move?

AND for all you Brits and Canadians, F.M. is also a candy company, that makes hand made chocolates. And it's based here in Chicago. :D {They have a Pixie and a Truffle that's to die for!}
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

It is fairly close, Sho, about 6 miles away, but in another county. No, it does have less real estate, I've had it with mowing :groan:
I'd say the kids could care less, although they are excited about having a paved driveway to ride bike on. Teh redhead would rather stay put, but she is smart enough to see that this is necessary for a better financial future.
BOO
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

6 miles isn't bad. But with being in a different county the Crumb Crushers are gonna be in a different school. :/

:lol: Mowing I wouldn't know about. :D
There's always a neighborhid kid wanting to make some $$$ around me.

Redheads and wives are always up for a sound financial move. :D But I can't blame her not wanting to do the physical move. I'd rather format my hard drive than try to move to another house! :p
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

LOL, you need a buddy to do the hard drive formatting :-p
I need a buddy to do my moving. Wanna swap chores?
teh rugrats are homeschooled, so they'll get a week off school over the move.

Oh, and I got notified now that things are all better, settlement on the sale of mine is Fri 3PM, my purchase of the next is at 4PM.
Nothing like cutting it close, but hey, a close shave is better than a total miss.....
BOO
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Only Nair could get it any closer than that.

And I don't do yard work Face so I guess we're both stuck with our respective dreaded chores.
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

moving, baby, not mowing
and I can format and reload windows for you with my eyes closed well, almost
BOO
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

^_^ wrote:I can format and reload windows for you with my eyes closed well, almost

literally fall asleep, with an unattended setup :P
*burp :kickcan:
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

yeah, but I do have to be awake to start it, so technically, for the format anyway, I do have to have my eyes open
after that, yeah, I do go sleep
or smam some remote forum :badgrin:
BOO
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

btw, FM doesn't back ALL mortgages...

good luck with the move.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

YEAH!!!!!
all moved now.
Not fun, but it is done. All but icing the back from all the lifting......
True about FM Merideth. This one was, however
BOO
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

FaceMan wrote:True about FM Merideth. This one was, however
Which only goes to show you're one of a very select group.
Fannie Mae is pretty picky about who they back.

Woo-Hoo!
WTG Face.

Ice for the first 3 days then heat. :D
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

I really don't know who is backing mine, it was the buyers that had the appraisal problem.
Mine went through very nicely. I love Mortgage America :-)
3rd deal with them, every time was smooth.
BOO
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

one of our mortgages is backed by the va, but we're selling that house soon and hoping to convert the mort. on the current house back into a va loan.

we've dealt with First Horizon (sub of 1st Tennessee Bank) on both mtgs and the 2 refinances of the 1st one and they've been awesome and so professional and friendly each time. love them!
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

VA, that's the veteran program, right?
you the brat or your husband?

Oh, and now I'm gonna rag about my internet service.
I moved in Monday, and they hooked the DSL up that day. Guess who was calling tech support that night for a shitty connection? Oh yeah! Sorry speeds, and it kept dropping the connect.
Tues the tech was out, and said my wiring was bad in the house. So we rewired all the phone jacks. He left, and wasn't gone an hour before it was down again. Called them back. Today they came out and replaced the wire to the pole. So far I haven't noticed any drops, and the speeds are much better. Turns out the tech told the redhead that we are the only ones on this road with DSL. So I don't know if I'm the only broadband, or if everyone else has cable. :shrugs:
But if this keeps up for a week, I'll switch to cable. I'm not gonna have a crappy connection :mad:
BOO