Raising Your Parents

Love, Romance and Sibling rivalry. Whether they get on your tits or you want to get all mushy.
T-Boyd

Raising Your Parents

Post by T-Boyd »

As many of you know, my stepdad died a few months ago....he was a great man - never a harsh word about anyone and he treated my mother like a gem.

He and my mom built their house a couple of years ago....a monstrosity of a thing......much too much room for the two of them. But I digress....

After his death, my mother said that she couldn't sell the house because all of his memories were there. A touching sentiment, I know. But then, last Saturday, she calls me to tell me that she had put the house on the market on the previous Friday!!! It seems that she now feels "uneasy" with his "memories" around the house! :shock:

Mom seems a little dismayed that she didn't receive as much as she thought she would from his insurance policies and his pension (he worked for the railroad) has been cut in half. So she's selling the house (asking $309,000) so she can buy a $280,000 condo in some GATED community (gated.......to keep US out, perhaps?).

Rhea (the stepdad) was husband number FOUR! Mom had said on numerous occasions that she wanted to marry for security, so I'm starting to believe that she is nothing but money-hungry.

Like I stated, Rhea was a wonderful man and I hate to see him being "taken advantage of" like this. What's a son to do?
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

*sigh* what is wrong with our mothers?????
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Raising Your Parents

Post by v0id »

T-Boyd wrote:So she's selling the house (asking $309,000) so she can buy a $280,000 condo in some GATED community
Selling up to get a cheaper property, so she can spend the difference on a wild trip to Vegas perhaps, and screw you out of your inheritance :P
*burp :kickcan:
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

or find husband number 5!! Usually when they get older and have more money they marry for looks instead of security.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T-Boyd

Re: Raising Your Parents

Post by T-Boyd »

Jesus wrote:
T-Boyd wrote:So she's selling the house (asking $309,000) so she can buy a $280,000 condo in some GATED community
Selling up to get a cheaper property, so she can spend the difference on a wild trip to Vegas perhaps, and screw you out of your inheritance :P
My sentiments EXACTLY! Image
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]