Yup, we are screwed..

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Yup, we are screwed..

Post by Devlin »

1. Pelosie as speaker(not a very good history just look at her numbers in San Fran concerning the crime rate, and her voting record.)

2. Reid heading up the senate (His blatentent abuse of office..way to go)

3. Murtha majority leader. Yeah the same Murtha who called Marines murderers, without giving them due process.
The same Murtha that claimed about being briefed on the convicted marines and therefore made his conclusion. When in fact he never was.

Oh, did I mention that they brought to the table that they are already talking about raising taxes? You know the famous phrase from Pelosie.."If it is made of matter, tax it." So much for that minimum wage raise..you will be paying that back in increased taxes.

What a winning team we have here...oh wait, they aren't worried about winning...only power :loser:

I told you they would screw it up..not even a full week in.

The pull out of Iraq is inevitable with the left orchistrating our demise right along with it due to their soft national security procedures. :screwy:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15702545/
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Devlin, you know that I have said this a million times, I have lots of respect for the armed forces and for those who serve. BUT, I gotta say.....are you kidding me?????

The current speaker, Dennis Hastert, is a crook. Between his $200 million "Prairie Parkway" (check out the way he secretely inserted $207 million into the budget to develope 210 acres of land in IL he owned and sold for a $2 million profit), his knowledge of Mark Foleys fondness for pages in Congress and his allowance to the Republican Party to treat the Capitol as their own private piggy bank.
Shall we also discuss his secret budget deal, with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, last December to give the pharmaceutical industry a Christmas gift worth billions. After the "final" version of the defense budget emerged from conference, they added a provision that gives drug makers immunity from liability lawsuits -- shielding them from claims that their mercury-laden vaccines sparked the current autism epidemic.

HE'S much better than Pelosi.

Please let's not forget the shamed Tom Delay (R: TEX). Being charged with illegal corporate contributions into 2002 state elections that helped the Republican Party. He helped organize the Texas political committee at the heart of the charge, participated in a conspiracy to funnel corporate money into the 2002 state election "with the intent that a felony be committed."

Blatent abuse of his office? I think perhaps so.

More abuse of power....lets try Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, James Sensenbrenner (R: WIS).
Sensenbrenner's iron-fisted rule of the judiciary committee was on nationwide display last year during a televised debate over reauthorization of the Patriot Act. When Democrats began discussing the treatment of detainees at Guantanamo, he abruptly ended the meeting and cut off their microphones. When Democrats refused to leave the room, Sensenbrenner's staff pulled the plug on C-Span and turned out the lights.
On a lighter note, Sensenbrenner took time out to make life tougher on working families, winning approval for a bill that makes it harder for Americans overwhelmed by debt to declare bankruptcy. He refused to consider an exemption from the bill's restrictions for victims of Hurricane Katrina and even voted against the aid package designed to help them recover from the disaster.

What a charmer...

Now let's try Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, Jerry Lewis (R: CALF). This guy is the pay-off king and probably the most likely to be indicted by the FBI, who had issued 10 subpoenas.
Lewis oversees nearly $900 billion a year in federal spending -- but anyone looking for a slice of that money has to deal with his best friend, lobbyist Bill Lowery. In return for the business, Lowery and his clients made more than $480,000 in contributions to Lewis. Lowery's firm, in turn, tripled its revenue to $5 million and his clients pocketed hundreds of millions in federal pork projects from Lewis.

Why can't I find friends like that...

AND, speaking of the armed forces, I am greatly surprised that you still are so jazzed about the Republican Party, who up to this point have contined to propose increases in health care fees on vets ( 4 years in a row now), have cut funding for benefits (2008 - 2011) by $8.6 BILLION, which is below current services.

Prior to the current elections, the then, Republican-controlled Congress adjourned without passing the 2007 appropriations bill that funds veterans’ programs and instead passed a continuing resolution that will reduce veterans’ health care funding by $438 million over the next six weeks. WTF???

Speaking of TAXES....the Republicans and our esteemed Leader, love to say how Democrates are going to raise taxes. First of all, if you do ANY reading, Bush has assured the current tax breaks, which PRIMARILY benefit the well-to-do and the super-rich, until 2010. There won't be any real changes to the current tax rate status until then. After that, it will most likely be a roll-back on the ridiculous tax breaks Bush gave top-earners, capital gains tax and the tax on dividens (i.e. those who make a lot more money and are far more likely to own stocks than the average American).
AND, according to projections of the Congressional Budget Office, just letting the tax cuts expire will reduce the deficit from $328 billion (2 percent of GDP) in 2010 to $54 billion (0.3 percent of GDP) in 2012.

If all you got on Pelosi is that she hasn't voted for passing the marriage penalty tax, well then, why is it that Bush is only NOW receptive to raising the minimum wage, which has not gone up since 1997 (Clinton)? And he won't raise it unless it gives a tax cut to small business owners.

SO, if you truly believe that we are screwed NOW, I guess we were being fucked up the ass before.
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

This is beyond any kind of argument concerning Marriage taxes. I am taking about our nation security, in which the Dems have extremely soft on.. Let's start by reviewing Pelosie's voting record. Notice the ones concerning terrorism, and lets note how many times she tried to re-write our democracy to seperate church from state.

Voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.
Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions.
Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime.
Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life.
Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research.
Voted NO on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info.
Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes.
Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion.( This means no parrent needs to be informed when teens are getting abortions)

Voted NO on making the PATRIOT Act permanent.
Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance.

Voted NO on replacing illegal export tax breaks with $140B in new breaks.
Voted NO on Bankruptcy Overhaul requiring partial debt repayment. (This would help a faster recovery from filing bankruptcy..she did not agree)

Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism.
Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. ( I guess she would rather our federal employees be on drugs or high.)

Voted NO on allowing school prayer during the War on Terror. (she supports the idea of seperation of church and state, and would rather re-write our democracy to reveal as such.)

Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years.
(Rated 8% by the Christian Coalition: an anti-family voting record.)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food providers.
Voted NO on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. ( I thought you dems didn't agree with the upper echelon getting ahead?)
Voted NO on restricting frivolous lawsuits.

Voted NO on Prescription drug coverage under Medicare.
Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide.
Voted NO on establishing tax-exempt Medical Savings Accounts.

Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists.
Voted NO on continuing military recruitment on college campuses.(but yet she says our troops are undermanned in the war on terror and in Iraq.)
Voted NO on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.
Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan.(That is our tax dollars you complain about so much)
Voted NO on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns.

Voted NO on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project.
Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment.
Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules.

Voted NO on providing tax relief and simplification.
Voted NO on making the Bush tax cuts permanent.
Voted NO on making permanent an increase in the child tax credit.
Voted NO on permanently eliminating the marriage penalty
Voted NO on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years.
Voted NO on $46 billion in tax cuts for small business
Rated 21% by NTU, indicating a "Big Spender" on tax votes.

Voted NO on approving removal of Saddam & valiant service of US troops.

Voted NO on responsible fatherhood via faith-based organizations.
"This way for the lost city,
This way for the lost people,
This way for eternal suffering,
All hope abandon, ye who enter here...
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

Meanwhile Pelosi's "most ethical congress in nation's history" pre-election promises is now being questioned by her backing the most unethical persons of congress in Murtha.

The inevitable immediate pull out of Iraq within the next 4 to 6 months is inevitable, along with our demise due to the Dems "soft on national security" ideology.

Yes, I found it strange that minimum wage was raised even though those will be paid back by the tax increases that have been put on the table. However, I found it even more strange that 9/11 commission recommendations all of the sudden got passed by the dems who were profoundly against it.

Separately, please define "well to do" in light of recent findings state that the middle class earnings range from 25,000 to 99,000.
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

First off, we already saw the Pelosi record...thanks again, but as YOU stated, we are talking about "our nations security". Of all the voting records you listed, I believe only 4 have to do with "our nations security".

Is Murtha the real bad guy here? What exactly has he done that you consider unethical????

You mean to tell me that Murtha, a former Vietnam vet, whom just so happens to oppose the current state of the debacle in Iraq, apparently along with most of the nation who voted and ousted the current unethical Republican majority, is unethical. Has an independent committee found him guilty of such charges and if so, what were they based on.

You completely overlook the actual facts of the wrong doings, and you know I only scratched the surface, of the current administration.

And to correct you, the minimum wage has NOT been raised since 1997. At this point, states themselves have had to raise them independantly, with no help from the Federal government. THAT is going to change.

I may not agree with all of Pelosi's views and/or the way she voted on issues, which I find to be of a personal nature.

You on the other hand are still willing to tow the Republican Party line regardless.

Face it, you guys fucked it up and the new majority knows it.
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

You mean the same Murtha who was being investigated by the abstan(sp) sting? That he considered bribes where he was caught on FBI tape for considering a $50,000 bribe?

The very same Murtha who called the convicted Marines murderers without giving them due process, then staeing he was briefed on the situation when in fact he wasn't?

Pelosie's voting record may only reflect 4 issues. However, those 4 issues I would consider as important as any other terrorist issue.
[/url]