Can't believe no one has mentioned the elephant

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Can't believe no one has mentioned the elephant

Post by Jean Pool »

in the room. Guess cuz he's not in da house no mo'! I think Peloski will play nicer with the Prez than the repubs ever did.

No more rubber stamp Congress.

Does anyone care except me and Pawn?

Where is pawn? Do he come here or just stay in Crimson Clouds?
:drunk: :drunk:
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

I am totally jazzed!!!! :bigok:

Time to pay the piper. I wonder how many subpoenas are gonna go out. 666
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I like the Republican party, but I think it's time for change too.

I'm looking forward to see how the other side treats Iraq.
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

when do you guys get a new President again then?
*burp :kickcan:
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

v0id wrote:when do you guys get a new President again then?
They get a new President in 2 years.
KennyT
Lurker
Lurker

Post by KennyT »

The tide is turning
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/KennyT/kennyt-sig.gif[/img]
CinnamonGirl
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CinnamonGirl »

Turning for the better....god knows it can't get any worse. :evil:
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

The leader of Alqueda in Iraq sure did love the outcome challenging the Bush administration, he said: “I tell the lame duck do not rush to escape as did your defense minister ... stay on the battleground.â€
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

Meh, I say vote for none of the above.
Politics as usual.....
I'm going Libetarian party.
Republicans are just Democrats with their heads up their ass :badgrin:
BOO
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

Hmm.. so I guess you like Nancy Pelosie who is a big time liberal.

Lets review her voting record...yeah this is our future head of house..God help us all.

Voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.
Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions.
Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime.
Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life.
Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research.
Voted NO on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info.
Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes.
Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion.( This means no parrent needs to be informed when teens are getting abortions)

Voted NO on making the PATRIOT Act permanent.
Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance.

Voted NO on replacing illegal export tax breaks with $140B in new breaks.
Voted NO on Bankruptcy Overhaul requiring partial debt repayment. (This would help a faster recovery from filing bankruptcy..she did not agree)

Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism.
Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. ( I guess she would rather our federal employees be on drugs or high.)

Voted NO on allowing school prayer during the War on Terror. (she supports the idea of seperation of church and state, and would rather re-write our democracy to reveal as such.)

Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years.
(Rated 8% by the Christian Coalition: an anti-family voting record.)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food providers.
Voted NO on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. ( I thought you dems didn't agree with the upper echelon getting ahead?)
Voted NO on restricting frivolous lawsuits.

Voted NO on Prescription drug coverage under Medicare.
Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide.
Voted NO on establishing tax-exempt Medical Savings Accounts.

Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists.
Voted NO on continuing military recruitment on college campuses.(but yet she says our troops are undermanned in the war on terror and in Iraq.)
Voted NO on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.
Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan.(That is our tax dollars you complain about so much)
Voted NO on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns.

Voted NO on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project.
Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment.
Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules.

Voted NO on providing tax relief and simplification.
Voted NO on making the Bush tax cuts permanent.
Voted NO on making permanent an increase in the child tax credit.
Voted NO on permanently eliminating the marriage penalty
Voted NO on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years.
Voted NO on $46 billion in tax cuts for small business
Rated 21% by NTU, indicating a "Big Spender" on tax votes.

Voted NO on approving removal of Saddam & valiant service of US troops.

Voted NO on responsible fatherhood via faith-based organizations.
"This way for the lost city,
This way for the lost people,
This way for eternal suffering,
All hope abandon, ye who enter here...
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

Devlin wrote:Hmm.. so I guess you like Nancy Pelosie who is a big time liberal.
I still don't see why people insist on killing their offspring before they see the light of day. Do I think it should be illegal? Sure, but the fact that it isn't tells us the heart of the general population.

I think I'm going to have to agree with not making the PATRIOT Act permanent. It is too much like permanent martial law. We the people should defend ourselves instead of expecting the government to defend us. Believe me, evil will happen, but 9/11 happened because citizens weren't alert either, or were too scared into their little self protecting shell. Would I have done any better? Probably not, but I do not wish martial law imposed permanently on my country and it's citizens.

I've mixed feelings on the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm loyal to my country as long as she doesn't betray me. I'm only on earth for a limited time, so my true loyalties lie on my future life and that limits my loyalties on earth. It's all gonna burn sometime anyway.

I might have to agree with her on marriage tax, but not for her rationale. Actually, I'd like to see property and income tax be abolished in favor of sales tax. Income tax should only be paid by foreigners who work or do business here. Government needs for infrastructure should come from sales tax. That way the big earners and spenders would pay their fair share, as well as illegal immigrants, drug dealers and those who work for cash.

I also might vote NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses.. Why is driving a priviledge? WTF would kids do if riding bicycles was a priviledge and had to get a state license do ride. The whole thing is absurd. Those who abuse their driving rights should suffer time in jail or house arrest. Hit and run should have much stiffer penalties than it does. Then those who cannot concentrate on driving while yapping might learn to pay attention while they yap, or else get a chauffer..

Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. What is this? Never heard of it.
Then again, why do we have immigration rules? After all, the Indians probably had immigration rules, and we are all here illegally :badgrin:

I'm all for making stiffer rules for fatherhood. Actually, for motherhood too. People need to learn to take responsibility for their actions.
People need to learn to get along. Nowadays, people break up families over the stupidest, pettiest stuff. So self-centered they can't even love their own kids enough to make a relationship work long enough to raise kids. Shame, shame, shame.
BOO
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

^_^ wrote:
I still don't see why people insist on killing their offspring before they see the light of day. Do I think it should be illegal? Sure, but the fact that it isn't tells us the heart of the general population.

I think I'm going to have to agree with not making the PATRIOT Act permanent. It is too much like permanent martial law. We the people should defend ourselves instead of expecting the government to defend us. Believe me, evil will happen, but 9/11 happened because citizens weren't alert either, or were too scared into their little self protecting shell. Would I have done any better? Probably not, but I do not wish martial law imposed permanently on my country and it's citizens.

I've mixed feelings on the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm loyal to my country as long as she doesn't betray me. I'm only on earth for a limited time, so my true loyalties lie on my future life and that limits my loyalties on earth. It's all gonna burn sometime anyway.

I might have to agree with her on marriage tax, but not for her rationale. Actually, I'd like to see property and income tax be abolished in favor of sales tax. Income tax should only be paid by foreigners who work or do business here. Government needs for infrastructure should come from sales tax. That way the big earners and spenders would pay their fair share, as well as illegal immigrants, drug dealers and those who work for cash.

I also might vote NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses.. Why is driving a priviledge? WTF would kids do if riding bicycles was a priviledge and had to get a state license do ride. The whole thing is absurd. Those who abuse their driving rights should suffer time in jail or house arrest. Hit and run should have much stiffer penalties than it does. Then those who cannot concentrate on driving while yapping might learn to pay attention while they yap, or else get a chauffer..

Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. What is this? Never heard of it.
Then again, why do we have immigration rules? After all, the Indians probably had immigration rules, and we are all here illegally :badgrin:

I'm all for making stiffer rules for fatherhood. Actually, for motherhood too. People need to learn to take responsibility for their actions.
People need to learn to get along. Nowadays, people break up families over the stupidest, pettiest stuff. So self-centered they can't even love their own kids enough to make a relationship work long enough to raise kids. Shame, shame, shame.

So you agree with children not having to tell their parents that they are pregnant and are getting an abortion.

I am also venturing to assume if you feel that the government doesn't need to protect us, then you agree with vigilantism..

The pledge of allegance may not be here forever, but to remove its very foundations while it is here is ridiculous. Our country was NOT founded on the assumption of separation of church and state.

I agree with you on taxes..her policy is, if it is made of matter...tax it.

Being able to drive IS a privledge and should be extended only to those who are legaly residing in the US.

The immegrant residency rules is for those who come here from another country and want to be a premanent resident, then they have so much time to become legal. If they don't then they need to get the hell out. Remember, they are taking OUR jobs whether good or not.

I too am for stiffer fatherhood rules...but I think faith based organizations are good in helping those along.

You sound more of an independent than a liberal...you may want to reconsider your views before announcing yourself as a liberal.(My opinion)
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

Devlin wrote:
^_^ wrote:

So you agree with children not having to tell their parents that they are pregnant and are getting an abortion.

I am also venturing to assume if you feel that the government doesn't need to protect us, then you agree with vigilantism..

The pledge of allegance may not be here forever, but to remove its very foundations while it is here is ridiculous. Our country was NOT founded on the assumption of separation of church and state.

I agree with you on taxes..her policy is, if it is made of matter...tax it.

Being able to drive IS a privledge and should be extended only to those who are legaly residing in the US.

The immegrant residency rules is for those who come here from another country and want to be a premanent resident, then they have so much time to become legal. If they don't then they need to get the hell out. Remember, they are taking OUR jobs whether good or not.

I too am for stiffer fatherhood rules...but I think faith based organizations are good in helping those along.

You sound more of an independent than a liberal...you may want to reconsider your views before announcing yourself as a liberal.(My opinion)

Scratch that...after re-reading your comments...your a liberal.

I would also like to rebuke my thoughts about the taxes. Your ideas towards taxes sound dangerously close to imperialism which is dominant in Communist countries..where everyone makes the same amount in earned income and pays the same amount for taxes. We live in a capitalist country meaning everyone pays 30 to 35 percent no matter the income. You want more money after taxes? Get a better job..still pays off at the end of year though, especially for those who qualify for earned income credit.
^_^
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by ^_^ »

LOL, you are analizing way too hard
I am so not a liberal. I so do not support abortion in any form, let alone a child making a life decision without informing their parents. Read what I wrote again. Do I think it should be legal? Read what I wrote before labeling me a liberal.

Do I agree with vigilantism? Yes and no. The early americans were vigilantees against the british imperialists, if you will. They were organized vigilantiees, I suppose that kind would get my support. I do not agree with each man taking justice into his own hands. I do support the common population overthrowing a government gone bad. That is what elections are supposed t be about, elimination of what doesn't perform. It works some of the time but the two party system where politics and dealmaking work like it is today is more like a form of corrupted power. As far as I'm concerned, the Republicans are just as out of touch with reality as the Democratic party.

No, you are wrong about my ideas of taxed being like imperialism or communistic. It is the fair way. Make as much as you like, you pay no taxes until you actually spend it. Save the income tax stuff for foreign entities who do business here but do not spend here. Rather much like a tariff. But it would eliminate that huge differential that big rich people with the loopholes pay little more in taxes than upper middle class. In other words, those who make big bucks and spend big bucks pay the same ratio of taxes to spending as do the middle or lower income people. It would end the debate of loopholes for the rich, it would eliminate the welfare people who drive bmw and porche from the income they generate by drug money. Even they would pay taxes every time the purchase merchandise. This is not liberal thinking, it is conservative thinking that is outside the normal box.

I agree on faith based organizations working with fatherhood and other social issues. The part about that I am not in favor of is any governmental involvement in that area. Because if government starts giving faith based groups money, then the group will have to answer to the government, in effect becoming a government institution. We all know how well that would work :roll:

Life is also a priviledge, just like driving. The only way either priviledge should be revoked is for gross misconduct. Traffic laws broken without physical harm to society should be a fine only, not cumulative to revoking/suspending a license. I'd go so far as to say even drinking while driving should not cause suspension, but if it results in a collison, then the penalties should be quite stiff. Same with falling asleep at the wheel. You cannot get a ticket for driving while sleepy, yet the risk of causing physical harm to life or property is just as great while sleepy as while drunk. Drinking and driving rules are the only way you can be charged with a crime without actually committing a crime. A man who has potentioal to rob a bank or steal a car does not get locked up simply because his potential for such crimes is greater, so why should a person who can drink responsibly and still maintain control of a vehicle be penalized for a higher than technically legal blood alcohol content. Same with speeders, sure, the potential is there, some folks can handle high speed, others shouldn't be in a car at any speed because they just don't seem to have the brainpower to deal with traffic. But the idiot driver goes free while a person who gets nabbed for speeding gets penalized even though he did no harm to society. Nope, doesn't add up, it is the liberal who tries to make rules to control the masses, and now the conservatives are getting just like the liberals, just using different thought processes to get there. So 'conservative Republicans' are guilty of just as much as 'liberal Democrats'.

And that's my politically incorrect opinion.
BOO
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

^_^ wrote:LOL, you are analizing way too hard
I am so not a liberal. I so do not support abortion in any form, let alone a child making a life decision without informing their parents. Read what I wrote again. Do I think it should be legal? Read what I wrote before labeling me a liberal.

Do I agree with vigilantism? Yes and no. The early americans were vigilantees against the british imperialists, if you will. They were organized vigilantiees, I suppose that kind would get my support. I do not agree with each man taking justice into his own hands. I do support the common population overthrowing a government gone bad. That is what elections are supposed t be about, elimination of what doesn't perform. It works some of the time but the two party system where politics and dealmaking work like it is today is more like a form of corrupted power. As far as I'm concerned, the Republicans are just as out of touch with reality as the Democratic party.

No, you are wrong about my ideas of taxed being like imperialism or communistic. It is the fair way. Make as much as you like, you pay no taxes until you actually spend it. Save the income tax stuff for foreign entities who do business here but do not spend here. Rather much like a tariff. But it would eliminate that huge differential that big rich people with the loopholes pay little more in taxes than upper middle class. In other words, those who make big bucks and spend big bucks pay the same ratio of taxes to spending as do the middle or lower income people. It would end the debate of loopholes for the rich, it would eliminate the welfare people who drive bmw and porche from the income they generate by drug money. Even they would pay taxes every time the purchase merchandise. This is not liberal thinking, it is conservative thinking that is outside the normal box.

I agree on faith based organizations working with fatherhood and other social issues. The part about that I am not in favor of is any governmental involvement in that area. Because if government starts giving faith based groups money, then the group will have to answer to the government, in effect becoming a government institution. We all know how well that would work :roll:

Life is also a priviledge, just like driving. The only way either priviledge should be revoked is for gross misconduct. Traffic laws broken without physical harm to society should be a fine only, not cumulative to revoking/suspending a license. I'd go so far as to say even drinking while driving should not cause suspension, but if it results in a collison, then the penalties should be quite stiff. Same with falling asleep at the wheel. You cannot get a ticket for driving while sleepy, yet the risk of causing physical harm to life or property is just as great while sleepy as while drunk. Drinking and driving rules are the only way you can be charged with a crime without actually committing a crime. A man who has potentioal to rob a bank or steal a car does not get locked up simply because his potential for such crimes is greater, so why should a person who can drink responsibly and still maintain control of a vehicle be penalized for a higher than technically legal blood alcohol content. Same with speeders, sure, the potential is there, some folks can handle high speed, others shouldn't be in a car at any speed because they just don't seem to have the brainpower to deal with traffic. But the idiot driver goes free while a person who gets nabbed for speeding gets penalized even though he did no harm to society. Nope, doesn't add up, it is the liberal who tries to make rules to control the masses, and now the conservatives are getting just like the liberals, just using different thought processes to get there. So 'conservative Republicans' are guilty of just as much as 'liberal Democrats'.

And that's my politically incorrect opinion.
I respect your politically incoorect opinion, but man..where should I start?

I agree with the out of touch parties..Prime expample is this recent election where all of these promisses were made, especially in the 1st 100 hours, and there appears to be nothing done with the exception of plans implemented that they voted against to begin with..IE: The 9/11 commission recomendations that Nancy Pelosie voted against is now somehow being implemented as well as the cries for impeachment that was completely stricken off of the table.

If you don't pay taxes till you spend it, then what is your idea of a set tax when we do spend it? I am sure nobody wants to buy an item and pay 50% more than what it is worth just to cover taxes...We would be forced to take out loans at a more higher rate, especially for those in the middle and lower classes. Those who are in the business for drug distribution are breaking the law, do you propose that they be taxed to make it legal? That is why there is the need for stiffer drug penalties that dems and the far left are so much against.

Faith based organizations are tax exempt anyway, so what is the big deal?

In law, there are steps provided by the STATE not the government for people to lose their driving privileges. If there is a multiple offender who cannot seem to obey the laws implemented by the STATE then his driving priveleges would be revoked. The DUI laws are all the same, there has been too many loss of life on the road involving people who drink and drive. The laws are the same whether there is a collision or not, with the exception of involuntary manslaughter when there is a colision and loss of life involved. Just because there was no colision at the point and time the offender was removed from the vehicle, doesn't mean that there could not be one down the road, and to think otherwise is a fallacious philosphy.

I agree, that the repubicans lost this election because they lost track of their conservative values. Why do you think so many conservative democrats were elected? Look it up.