Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

you are.

were he not the VP, no one would give a rats ass.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:and he notified the police within the hour, THAT is what he is required to do. he is not required nor should he be expected to notify any other agency.
surely Mr. C has more political foresight than to take the foolish position that you describe above. :oops:

i realize you are not a fan of the media but surely you aren't advocating that Cheney bury his head in the sand like an ostrich and let this ballon into more than it is?
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

true, it would be just one more accident for amongst senior citizens, although sometimes people who have that sort of accident are sued or made liable.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

he didn't bury his head in the sand. he was tending to his friend, as i've tried to ask already... why is the media pissed that the man immediate sought medical attention for his friend, called the police, reported the incident. oh, sorry, you're right, CNN was left off the list. too frickin' bad.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

I think they'll get over it, after all he has cleared the air and seemed so remorseful, I think that the media will settle down. They had their feast.
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

I think it is important to understand that he is the vp and a vp with a medical staff. At 1750 when the accident happen, emergency responders were already on scene. Why call 911 to get an ambulance when you already have a physician with you and an ambulance standind by.

Perhaps Pawn as you say Cheney could have handled this better but as the liberals say lets try to put ourselves in his shoes. He was probably a little upset. I am sure every day that victims, witnesses, and suspects are given a few hours or even the next day to process the event.

I know how much some people love Clinton and hate that we keep bringing him up. But consider this, the media discovers that Clinton lied and covered up new information acquired while he was being tried for sexual harassment. We are told that it is a private matter. Here we have an accident and the result is a huge media circus complete with "Brokeback and Adulterous" slanders of Mr. C. Surely even you PAwn would argue against these slanders passed off as news.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

To put this persepctive please visit this link.

P.S. Harry Whittington was released from the hosiptal and he made a statement.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Forgot to add if his statement he refuted the nonsense about alcohol, expressed concern about the media hype on Cheney, said it was accident, and essentially questioned the intelligence of those that believed the stories about cloning, aliens, brokeback hunting, bermuda triangle....

Here again we see the media taking a story and attacking it like rabbit with rabies because they hate Bush.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

[quote="storm"]http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

cute.
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

I am sure someone will say I am being insensitive
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

I am sure someone will say I am being insensitive
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

well, you just said it yourself twice.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Ok, i still stand by my point that if a public figure (regardless of political offiliation) addresses what has the potential to become a shit storm at the nearest opportunity then the carnivorus media has very little to feed on......

:dunno:
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

-Balthasar Gracian