Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

well of course you two agree.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

yes, it's usually helpful that partners agree on some issues.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

starjeanne we do not always agree completely.

I assure you she is her own person and she makes up her own mind.

Here we just think it is silly to suggest the VP has to report every time he has a bowel movement to the press.

Let me get this straight Clinton, bill lies to America and the press ok, Hillary (as First Lady civilian) has a secret meeting with health care companies and does not notify the press OK

but Cheney has a hunting accident and he has what 2-3 6 hours to notify the media gods.

Give me a break what a load
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

what about , God forbid, the guy dies. Is he guilty of manslaughter. I have heard of people who run someone over, not on purpose and accident, going to jail for that.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

"Apparently the reason they didn't release the information right away is they said we had to get the facts right. That's never stopped them in the past."
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

storm wrote:starjeanne we do not always agree completely.

I assure you she is her own person and she makes up her own mind.

Here we just think it is silly to suggest the VP has to report every time he has a bowel movement to the press.

Let me get this straight Clinton, bill lies to America and the press ok, Hillary (as First Lady civilian) has a secret meeting with health care companies and does not notify the press OK

but Cheney has a hunting accident and he has what 2-3 6 hours to notify the media gods.

comparing a bowel movement to shooting a fellow hunter in the face, neck and torso is a bit over the top. at least he finally pulled his head outta the sand and commented on the situation today. better late than never
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

pawn wrote:
storm wrote:

comparing a bowel movement to shooting a fellow hunter in the face, neck and torso is a bit over the top. at least he finally pulled his head outta the sand and commented on the situation today. better late than never
Exactly! it's only one vowel different, but it makes a huge difference in meaning he shot not shit someone.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

:roll:

there's just no pleasing the dems....

you're all still avoiding the question... WHY should the media get 1st notification???
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Playing on my same metaphor

I do not give a crap

there are much bigger issues of substance
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Merideth wrote::roll:

there's just no pleasing the dems....

you're all still avoiding the question... WHY should the media get 1st notification???
I do not think the media should get first notification. I think he should be more careful
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

yes Cheney might benefit from a mandatory gun safety course.

i never suggested that the media get 1st notification, they obviously didn't get any notification for about a day.

storm, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you?
-Balthasar Gracian
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

I think I have made this clear already.

But fine let me play ago a little.

So Pawn would would be an acceptable time to report to the media timeline----6 hours, 18 hours, 24 hours..

No it does not seem odd to me because I do not see the media as the 4th branch of government.

The media is protected by the Constitution not created as a branch of government.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

and he notified the police within the hour, THAT is what he is required to do. he is not required nor should he be expected to notify any other agency.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

call 911 and pray that his victim lives.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

as a public figure, he should understand that a situation like this would snowball. im not saying its right, just is.

why not cut out the cancer before it spreads?

waiting just got this mishap more attention, the correct response would have been to address the crisis directly as near to the occurence as possible.

i could be wrong, i frequently am.
-Balthasar Gracian