Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

Post by pawn »

I just KNEW he was trigger happy! :shock:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed him with shotgun pellets on Saturday while the two were hunting at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Whittington was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Whittington was in stable condition Sunday, said Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200602 ... e&SEC=news
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

accidents do happen, ya know.....
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:accidents do happen, ya know.....
"accidents" ya, right- that they do....
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

wish he had shot Dan Quayle if he was huting for some any hoo.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

my Aunts dad was killed while deer hunting when she was a kid she is against fire arms all together but i agree accidents do happen when you hunt with ppl that dont know gun safety on tamed quail....lol
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

if you read the article. the stupid guy came up behind cheney, didn't announce himself or alert him he was there... bafoon...
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn all always humorous.

Reminds me of Ted Kennedy's "accident" at Chaquitet with the intern in the car upside down.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

you mean at the "Chapshouldquitit."
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Spelwing is not my thing
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

Good that he was a republican too :lol:
My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for 40 years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Pow! Opps, silly fellow- its HIS fault he got shot (right Merideth)

Lets not explain things and sit on the information as long as we possibly can--- until the pot is boiling.

Then blame democrats for calling us out.

Don't you think our 2nd in command should at least have enough respect for his position to explain what happened?

Amusing and pathetic at the same time.
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

If only he had been warned that DICK IS A KILLER maybe the guy would be alive today.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i didn't say it was his FAULT, pawn. i was just showing how it was not entirely Cheney's fault either.

and um, hello.... so now you're pissed because he didn't alert the media immediately... don't you think he was concerned abut his friend, and was staying wiith him to make sure he was ok? and that calling CNN might not be ranking high on his priorities.

and since when was it a requirement of any political position to immediately notify the media of every thing? why does the media deserve that kind of power?? GAH...
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn

Think about it for a minute. When did it become a requirement for any politician to notify the media of anything other than maybe the State of Union?

The whole idea is to use this accident to paint Bushies as a secretive lot. You seriously can not see this?

Actually this is proof the Bush tax cuts are working, the situation in Iraq is improving and Aeilito did not cause slavery to be restablished because the media wants to talk about a hunting accident.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

storm wrote:Actually this is proof the Bush tax cuts are working, the situation in Iraq is improving and Aeilito did not cause slavery to be restablished because the media wants to talk about a hunting accident.
precisely