Iran: U.S., Europe Should Pay for Drawings

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Iran: U.S., Europe Should Pay for Drawings

Post by pawn »

:loser: This story becomes increasingly rediculous by the day. Talk about thin skinned fools :doubt:

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's hard-line president on Saturday accused the United States and Europe of being "hostages of Zionism" and said they should pay a heavy price for the publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that have triggered worldwide protests.

Denmark - where the drawings were first published four months ago - warned Danes to leave Indonesia, saying they faced a "significant and imminent danger" from an extremist group and announced it had withdrawn embassy staff from Jakarta, Iran and Syria.

Saudi Arabia's top cleric said in a Friday sermon that it was too late for apologies and those responsible for the drawings should be put on trial and punished.

Muslims in several European and Asian countries, meanwhile, kept up their protests against the caricatures, with thousands taking to the streets in London's biggest protest over the issue so far.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200602 ... e&SEC=news
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

Blah! And what's sad is that when it comes to it, we are all afraid of them!
My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for 40 years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Muslim Terrorists Suck, may they fry like bacon in hell for eternity.....
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

WHY OH WHY is America to blame when the author of the cartoons is in freakin' DENMARK!!!!!
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:WHY OH WHY is America to blame when the author of the cartoons is in freakin' DENMARK!!!!!
a fair question. apparently, Iran doesn't need to be bothered with the details....
-Balthasar Gracian
googoo3
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by googoo3 »

Stop being so egocentric :P The countries that are blamed the most about this issue are the European countries that published this satire... US is to put to blame as the rest of the Western world and it's a fact that the US choose to stay neutral to this all mess.

I saw on the news something really funny... An Israeli reporter in Gaza started talking with the locals about the Hamas leadership and so on... A quite large number declared that now the biggest enemy of theirs is Denmark, even more then Israel, cause at least we respect their religion - made me laugh in a bitter sweet kind of way.

It's just the hypocrisy irritates me... I dunno if you know but all over the Arab world there's anti-Semitic TV-shows and caricatures, but yeah we don't react the way they do...

Again I do know that the ones that are rioting are a small percentage from the total of Muslims in the world, but still - I'm pissed off, so I'll generalize :P
My ancestors wandered lost in the wilderness for 40 years because even in biblical times, men would not stop to ask for directions.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

yeah, there's all kinds of anti-Christian satires, parodys, cartoons, etc too and Christians dont' get all up in arms and riot over it.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

googoo3 the sad thing is our state department cut and ran calling these offensive and preaching tolerance.

Actually googoo3 I was not aware of the anti-semite cartoons until this mees surfaced.

As for small percentage--it only takes a small percentage to lead a people. A nation was lead out of Eygpt by one.

Pawn this is called a PR campaign. It was created and it is fueling terrorist organizations worldwide. By now you know these cartoons were published in September. The local muslim leader went on a Hillary fact finding tour until he found receptive ears and closed minds. He then added a few cartoons (Dan Rather). The lead muslim than fans the flames advising apologies will not be accepted and presto riot.

If I were more cynical and a chicken little I would say this was a trial run to see how to manipulate events and then motivate a group of people.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams