How low can Army recruiters go?

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

starjeanne wrote:pawn:

Having said that, would it be in military's best interests to lower standards if faced with a shrinking pool of willing and qualified candidates?

Well, what about letting illegal aliens serve and then get citizenship as a reward.
thats just crazy enough to work starjeanne. :cool:
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

pawn wrote:
Devlin wrote:I do fine..:dunno:

I don't know anyone who doesn't do well..

as I said, you have to be doing well in your career to represent whatever service your in for recuiting.

But, I digress..I am not a recruiter I am a classifier...I interview for job postions. Which is bad enough..its all about the numbers...people get fired and sent back to the field with poor evaluations for not submitting the required numbers...

so in a sense..in a very small way..your initial statement about people not doing go to recuiting..would be kinda opposite.
not speaking for other services..but in fact we (Navy) continue to raise our standards

Having said that, would it be in military's best interests to lower standards if faced with a shrinking pool of willing and qualified candidates?
we have removed our general seamanship billets..we usually give those to individuals who score low on the ASVAB...

our physical standards have raised.. to where if someone who wants to get into a physically demanding job(special forces or rescew swimmer), we require them to show us that they can do certian physical things before we even sign the,..IE pullups.. and such..Those who qualify physically and mentally with asvabscors 50 or higher..usually get into the better jobs..

We do not recruit illegals in the military..they must be citezens and have proof of citezenship...before they even come in to process..

so all assumptions that all of the military is lowering its standards is a fallacy.
"This way for the lost city,
This way for the lost people,
This way for eternal suffering,
All hope abandon, ye who enter here...
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Is there a hiehgt and weight requirement?

IN Gangs of New York they showed all these Irish coming into the harbor and the politicals had them take an oath to be citizens, and then said now that you are a citizen you must serve your country and put them in another line to join the Union Army during the Civil War.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:
pawn wrote:
Devlin wrote:I do fine..:dunno:

I don't know anyone who doesn't do well..

as I said, you have to be doing well in your career to represent whatever service your in for recuiting.

But, I digress..I am not a recruiter I am a classifier...I interview for job postions. Which is bad enough..its all about the numbers...people get fired and sent back to the field with poor evaluations for not submitting the required numbers...

so in a sense..in a very small way..your initial statement about people not doing go to recuiting..would be kinda opposite.
not speaking for other services..but in fact we (Navy) continue to raise our standards

we have removed our general seamanship billets..we usually give those to individuals who score low on the ASVAB...

our physical standards have raised.. to where if someone who wants to get into a physically demanding job(special forces or rescew swimmer), we require them to show us that they can do certian physical things before we even sign the,..IE pullups.. and such..Those who qualify physically and mentally with asvabscors 50 or higher..usually get into the better jobs..

We do not recruit illegals in the military..they must be citezens and have proof of citezenship...before they even come in to process..

so all assumptions that all of the military is lowering its standards is a fallacy.
article highlighted in the initial post references the army. i would assume recruiting for either the marines or the army is becoming increasingly difficult, lowering standards would potentially help fill the gap.
-Balthasar Gracian
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

starjeanne wrote:Is there a hiehgt and weight requirement?

IN Gangs of New York they showed all these Irish coming into the harbor and the politicals had them take an oath to be citizens, and then said now that you are a citizen you must serve your country and put them in another line to join the Union Army during the Civil War.
yes...you can't be over 22% body fat for males...I think its 25% body fat for females...

and while in delayed entry..before you go to bootcamp...you have to pass a physical fitness test..and show signs of working the weight off..if you do come in that heavy...we just attrite you if you don't
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

pawn wrote:
Devlin wrote:
pawn wrote: not speaking for other services..but in fact we (Navy) continue to raise our standards

article highlighted in the initial post references the army. i would assume recruiting for either the marines or the army is becoming increasingly difficult, lowering standards would potentially help fill the gap.
the same physical and mental standards are universal...whether or not they are offering more incentives..well that is a different story..however I am speaking for the area I work in. And I don't know how they handle one with a civil history. We have otr look atthe overall person..and consider what kind of person they are now..if they have had civil issues in the past.
[/url]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

pawn wrote:Your assumption that those who have never served find it easy to "pick apart our military" is of little consequence particularly when by your own admission you have not served in the military.
ah, but see, i'm not the one picking apart our military. my not serving was not my choice, had i not had a metal plate and metal screws implanted in my knee and been off my feet physically for most of a year, i would have. i wanted to be a pilot. by the time i was physically healed enough, my knee was in such poor shape, i would never have been able to reach the required physical entrance qualifications. not making excuses, just giving the facts.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:
pawn wrote:Your assumption that those who have never served find it easy to "pick apart our military" is of little consequence particularly when by your own admission you have not served in the military.
ah, but see, i'm not the one picking apart our military. my not serving was not my choice, had i not had a metal plate and metal screws implanted in my knee and been off my feet physically for most of a year, i would have. i wanted to be a pilot. by the time i was physically healed enough, my knee was in such poor shape, i would never have been able to reach the required physical entrance qualifications. not making excuses, just giving the facts.
:haha: just the facts, mam
-Balthasar Gracian
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Pawn, I apologize if I have missed this somewhere, but have you served in the military? :dunno:
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

yes...you can't be over 22% body fat for males...I think its 25% body fat for females...
guess you won't be callin me then.
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

starjeanne wrote:
guess you won't be callin me then.

or me....lol

i wouldnt go in now for nothing besides i couldnt pass the physical from knee and ankle injuries....................
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

VerTiGo wrote:Pawn, I apologize if I have missed this somewhere, but have you served in the military? :dunno:
nope, went straight into college outta high school
-Balthasar Gracian
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Smart move :ok:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

pawn wrote:
VerTiGo wrote:Pawn, I apologize if I have missed this somewhere, but have you served in the military? :dunno:
nope, went straight into college outta high school
:o
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
alaska
Lurker
Lurker

Post by alaska »

Merideth may have not physically served are country but being a military wife is no picnic in the park...military spouses sacrafice just as much in different ways. :wink:

Merideth wrote: