How low can Army recruiters go?

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

starjeanne wrote:the recruiters.
yes well, like i have said in the past:

Them that can do, them that cannot.... recruit.
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i have a great deal of respect for those that serve. its honorable to want to serve your country, no matter which branch of the service your choose. i find it amusing that those who've never serve, find it easy to pick apart our military.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:i have a great deal of respect for those that serve. its honorable to want to serve your country, no matter which branch of the service your choose. i find it amusing that those who've never serve, find it easy to pick apart our military.
have you served in the military merideth?
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

like I said before, UH OH.

Actually both my parents were in the military. I never served. Now my son is saying he thinks the Airforce might be cool. I wouldn't want him to join, but if he did I would support his decision and hope he learned a lot from the experience. It's a ways off, so who knows what may happen. I was surprised to hear him say that, must keep him away from recruiters. ...
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Emeralds_and_Ice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Emeralds_and_Ice »

Mr frost has been working alot of hours lately & hardly ever gets on the computer anymore..He is hoping they are gonna slow down some soon so he can get back on..but when he is off he spends his time with me & the kids & not alot on line..So yea he hasn't posted much but I would be stupid to say hey you stop being with the kids & get on line lol...He did say when it slowed down he would be around..But I am the chatter chomps in the family not him lol..
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

pawn wrote:
Merideth wrote:i have a great deal of respect for those that serve. its honorable to want to serve your country, no matter which branch of the service your choose. i find it amusing that those who've never serve, find it easy to pick apart our military.
no, unfortunately, i wrecked my knee at 19 and couldn't join. i had wanted to join the airforce or navy and become a pilot. both my mom & dad served during vietnam, though thankfully they were both stateside. and storm was in the navy when we met and contemplated going officer and becoming a lifer...7 months in japan away from me changed that.

i may not have served, but i don't sit and pic apart our military either.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Merideth wrote:
pawn wrote:
no, unfortunately, i wrecked my knee at 19 and couldn't join. i had wanted to join the airforce or navy and become a pilot. both my mom & dad served during vietnam, though thankfully they were both stateside. and storm was in the navy when we met and contemplated going officer and becoming a lifer...7 months in japan away from me changed that.

i may not have served, but i don't sit and pic apart our military either.
Questioning the Government, the Military, the Media etc is appropriate and an intergal part of a healthy democracy.

Your assumption that those who have never served find it easy to "pick apart our military" is of little consequence particularly when by your own admission you have not served in the military.
-Balthasar Gracian
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

starjeanne wrote:3 meals a day, a chance to see the world and get some training.
you get that in prison nowadays
*burp :kickcan:
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

pawn wrote:

I resent that remark...I do well.
"This way for the lost city,
This way for the lost people,
This way for eternal suffering,
All hope abandon, ye who enter here...
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

as a matter of fact....you can't go recuiting duty, if you can't do.
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:
pawn wrote:

I resent that remark...I do well.
resent OR resemble? j/k
-Balthasar Gracian
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

I do fine..:dunno:

I don't know anyone who doesn't do well..

as I said, you have to be doing well in your career to represent whatever service your in for recuiting.

But, I digress..I am not a recruiter I am a classifier...I interview for job postions. Which is bad enough..its all about the numbers...people get fired and sent back to the field with poor evaluations for not submitting the required numbers...

so in a sense..in a very small way..your initial statement about people not doing go to recuiting..would be kinda opposite.
[/url]
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:I do fine..:dunno:

I don't know anyone who doesn't do well..

as I said, you have to be doing well in your career to represent whatever service your in for recuiting.

But, I digress..I am not a recruiter I am a classifier...I interview for job postions. Which is bad enough..its all about the numbers...people get fired and sent back to the field with poor evaluations for not submitting the required numbers...

so in a sense..in a very small way..your initial statement about people not doing go to recuiting..would be kinda opposite.
Having said that, would it be in military's best interests to lower standards if faced with a shrinking pool of willing and qualified candidates?
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

v0id wrote:
starjeanne wrote:3 meals a day, a chance to see the world and get some training.
you get that in prison nowadays

and on welfare too.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

pawn:

Having said that, would it be in military's best interests to lower standards if faced with a shrinking pool of willing and qualified candidates?

Well, what about letting illegal aliens serve and then get citizenship as a reward.