How low can Army recruiters go?

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world
storm
Lurker
Lurker

an assumption????

Post by storm »

I reject your above generalization against liberals. It is an assumption on you part.

ib·er·al Audio pronunciation of "liberal" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.

1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

But that is my point many liberals are bigots just against different groups of people. They believe their views are superior and any challenge is meet immediately.

2. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Ok agreed the problem is most liberals do not care if those programs actually work. But not really my point.

4. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

Again not really my point although Canadians recently rejected liberals in favor of conservatives.

1. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

Only we other people's money. For instance the tax records of liberals like Kerry compared to say G. W. Bush. If memory served the donations by Kerry for the last ten years did not equal 1 year for Bush.

3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

This is true especially applied to Toricelli, Kennedy, Condit, Traificant, Clinton, Kerry, and who was the guy that stuffed NSA documents down his shorts..or I forgot Dan Rather

4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

Not really my point.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Use of labels can lead to confusion

Post by storm »

Pawn and any one else who may a so called liberal. The term was used generally to descibe a group of people proporting to be open minded and yet displaying less than open mindedness as related to Civil War, Religion, etc.

Ok so am I a conservative

1. resistant to change Not really but change has to serve a purpose

2. opposed to liberal reforms Same as 1

3. cautious: avoiding excess

ok agreed but conservatives do not care if you do spend excessively

4. Conservatism is any of several historically-related political philosophies or political ideologies. They usually identify with the political right.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative

Ok but who cares

5. In politics, a loosely defined term indicating adherence to one or more of a family of attitudes, including respect for tradition and authority and resistance to wholesale or sudden changes.

respect for tradition is a good thing unless that tradition is without merit. In others words we should not just do something because we did it that way last year

6. people who generally like to uphold current conditions and oppose changes.

Actually cuurent Conservatives would say we want change. We find the current American culture lacking in many areas.

7. “Politicalâ€ÂÂ
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

don't forget liberal sex practices!!!

very nice

and definitely more in tune with the spirit of my original comment

I thought liberals were the less serious ones.

You do not have to get so offended all the time.

Kick back have a nice glass of ice tea, a plump American woman, and a fine cigar (like B. Clinton)
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

storm wrote:don't forget liberal sex practices!!!

very nice

and definitely more in tune with the spirit of my original comment

I thought liberals were the less serious ones.

You do not have to get so offended all the time.

Kick back have a nice glass of ice tea, a plump American woman, and a fine cigar (like B. Clinton)
:D hey, i wasn't offended storm. just making some conversation. i'm traveling to huntsville alabama for a meeting tomorrow and then i am leaving the country for about a week.

i doubt i'll have an opportunity to post for awhile, but i'll be back to give you my liberal input. i do enjoy our discussions. :cool:
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

storm wrote:
Make my tea with lemon, please....
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

don't forget to make T's plump american woman, a svelte cabanna boy instead. and the fine cigar should be a large doobie
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

sweet or unsweet or long island ice T ?
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn wins

No one even knows what a long island ice tea is down here in the South

When I used to drink I would have 2 and call it a night.

I almost forgot,

Trivia which movie does the plump, round American woman come from

"I would like marry a round American woman and raise rabbits"
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Merideth said I answered the question about liberals and conservatives but

seriously one thing I have tried to stress is that many of us are locked into these debate roles tossing lines given to us by the NY Times or Fox News.

I could care less about the labels but they are useful for shorthand descriptions, I would rather debate the issues.