Poll: Groups Unhappy With Bush Performance

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world

Are you satisfied with President Bush's performance over the past year?

yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Wrong. I support the troops and their families. Just not the idiot who propogated the mess in Iraq.

Bet its getting harder to get folks to sign up for that 4 year hitch. Do you believe we can avoid the draft?
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

and lets not forget the other reason why we have understaffed military forces.... the 8 yrs of the clinton administration closing bases & decommissioning ships.... don't tell me it didn't happen, i know personally it did.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Well, I think it is imperative in a democracy t be able to criticize the governeemtn and it is silly to say somkeone doesn't support the troops just because they disagree with the war. That's all or nothing thinking. It's like saying if you are with me you must believe unquestionably everytjing I say and that is just ludicrous. Without some criticism we too would be in a dictatorship.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

starjeanne wrote:Well, I think it is imperative in a democracy t be able to criticize the governeemtn and it is silly to say somkeone doesn't support the troops just because they disagree with the war. That's all or nothing thinking. It's like saying if you are with me you must believe unquestionably everytjing I say and that is just ludicrous. Without some criticism we too would be in a dictatorship.
kudos to you, Starjeanne.
-Balthasar Gracian
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:I consider it unsupportive whne we are cmpared to hitler's regime
We? Do you count yourself among the prison guards caught up in that mess? Are you saying you condone their behavior? Their misdeeds got them prison time so clearly the military finds their actions unacceptable.
-Balthasar Gracian
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:so you think the military represents this?...And if Iam not mistaken they were justly punished....As per OUR governement regulates....but to say the military is cis compared to hitler's regime due to "a groups" misactions is a far fetched hypothesis..
Examine the previous post referencing hitler. I stated that Lindy England and crew would do hitler proud, no? She and the others were justly punished, hence, my comment that the military finds their actions unacceptable. Did you skip over that portion of the post?

You are comparing the military to hitler not me. Do you always jump to conclusions and change the context of posts that hit the mark (much to your dismay). I'm beginning to see a pattern here, Dev. Pretty weak.
-Balthasar Gracian
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Devlin wrote:So let me ask you this?...Do you condone the beheadings of the troups that have been captured?

And how many posts do you brush off to the side everytime I make a valid answer? Typical libitarian result...you move on to something else..How many factors in this war do you plan to cover?

Its Americans like yourself that will result in us losing this war....Thous't protest too much...in which results in the government making the wrong choices to keep the crybabies on the left happy....I'm done...post what you like you won't get a reponse....try me.
What planet do you live on Devlin? Who would condone the beheading of troops that have been captured (I support our troops, remember).

I have been responding to your posts in this thread- I zig in tandum to your zag. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.
My opinion is that going to Afganistan made sense, I think that is the conventional wisdom of both lefties and righties (there are certainly crybabies on both sides of the isle).

Our occupation in Iraq makes less sense to more people as time goes on. The cost seems to outweigh the benefit(?). We were led into Iraq by a well meaning President who grossly miscalcualted both the nature and the scope of the invasion/occupation.

You've given yourself an escape hatch out of this thread (you are done and thats cool) President Bush (as well as the rest of us) do not have the luxury of a quick and easy escape hatch out of that damn mess in Iraq.

Peace out. :|
-Balthasar Gracian
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

But if most of the Iraq are still attacking our troups, how can you call that a liberation. Who are we liberating. They obviously don't want to be liberated or rather, occupied.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

How can Bush say it is like WWII. When the allies liberated France, there was no insurgency. The people kissed the soldiers. I see no parallel in Iraq. I do wish it were the good war you say, as it is I am afraid to travel abroad for the hate we have fomented, in just being an American, you are now a target.

Thank you for that.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

these insurgents/terrorists who are attacking our troops are NOT Iraqi's.... forget what mainstream media is telling you, do some research and find out for yourself. it doesn't take a whole lot of effort. the media wants you to think these attacks on our troops are coming from the citizens of iraq when in fact they are coming from terrorists cells of alqueda and other non-iraqi groups who hate america and hate democracy and hate freedom.
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

Funny, I always think that the media is Pro-Bush and doesn't tell us nearly enough.
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

oh gawd, the media is FAR from pro-bush... they take every chance they get to "make fun of" or "poke fun at" or ambush or disgrace or whatever.

as far as them not telling nearly enough, that's true.. and what they DO tell is typically not the whole truth either.
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

I love this debate. It's fascinating reading....

Usually I don't comment in these threads - I prefer to listen to others' opinions, you can learn a lot about people through these kind of threads....

But....

I must agree with Meri & Dev - when it comes to media coverage.....All we ever see on the news are the car bombings, the insurgent attacks, etc....

I, as well as others I know, have personally spoken with troops who were home on leave, etc. and they ALL say that we don't see what is really going on....there ARE children running up and hugging the troops, the Irani people ARE welcoming and inviting.....

Is the media blind? No....it's obvious. It's all about $. They've got to show sensationalism in order to grab ratings....

So it's a double-edged sword. They only show the bad because it's what WE want to see.
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

T-Boyd wrote:Is the media blind? No....it's obvious. It's all about $. They've got to show sensationalism in order to grab ratings....
BINGO
vikki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikki »

I don't think I voted on this..Don't know how I missed it!!!