Poll: Groups Unhappy With Bush Performance

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world

Are you satisfied with President Bush's performance over the past year?

yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

vikki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikki »

:haha: You only have to worry about a draft if a Demo gets the Whitehouse in 2008. :whistle:
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

It was John Kerry that brought the idea of mandatory service

"As part of his 100 day plan to change America, John Kerry will propose a comprehensive service plan that includes requiring mandatory service for high school students and four years of college tuition in exchange for two years of national service."

:cool:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

storm wrote:It was John Kerry that brought the idea of mandatory service

"As part of his 100 day plan to change America, John Kerry will propose a comprehensive service plan that includes requiring mandatory service for high school students and four years of college tuition in exchange for two years of national service."

:cool:
yeah, that little tidbit didn't make it into mainstream media during the election, did it?
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Storm and Merideth:

I find your apparent antipathy towards the media interesting. If you believe the convential media to be dubious and liberally biased, where pray tell, do you research current events or get your news?

Look forward to your comments.
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

not all media... just MOST mainstream media is VERY liberal biased.
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn--very nice move however I am a Chess player.

I see where you are trying to get me to go.

Audience--Pawn is trying to get me to say that I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Neil Boortz or some other perceived right wing conservative. Then he can use the media definition of said personality to paint me as some mindless fan. Ever notice how people that listen to CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC consider it impossible that they could be manipulated by the media?

Pawn--In reality, I get my news from a variety of sources including NPR and CNN.

But more importantly, no matter where I get news from I activate the material located between my ears. I try to critically analyze why someone is telling me something.

Least I sound arrogant, let me offer this explanation. I work in a field where people routinely lie to me to try and convince me their story is more than fiction. This is part of reason I always search for facts.

Finally, antipathy is not an accurate description. It is not distaste it is distrust. So I ask you why do you trust the media so heartily? Especially after the scandals in recent years.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

I wasn't looking to pigeon hole you as some mindless fan Storm (although the thought is humorous), I was only curious.

At the same time, I don't trust the media lock, stock, and barrel. In general, I find that I do trust the media more than President Bush and crew. To me, he doesn't admit mistakes/failures, this diminishes his credibility.

If the major sources of media are consistently reporting the same thing, to me that increases the probablity that the story is credible.
-Balthasar Gracian
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

The problem with the media is that each outlet is not independent. ABC merely repeats what NBC says and CBS follows and they are all lead by CNN and the New York Times.

I am more interested in the source of a story than how many tell repeat their version.

Noah did an ark while everyone told him he was wasting his time.

"To me, he (President Bush) doesn't admit mistakes/failures, this diminishes his credibility."

(I removed crew because the ones he choose he owns whatever they suppposedly did wrong.)

I find this a perfect example of something CNN would put out for the masses to repeat. What mistakes are you referring to? His best mistakes to me where trying to reach out to Demos with the silly Kennedy bill for No Child Left Behind nonsense, the wasteful steel tariff (2002+-) that was for supposed to be for the benefit of the steel union and ended up costing you and me, the prescription drug care program that Al Gore originally wanted, the National Intelligence director, and the TSA.

The troubling thing is this guy was the more conservative of the two choices both times.
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

As far as mistakes:

WMD premise for invading Iraq. (I know, this one has been beaten to death and we disagree)

Failure to recognize the nature and the scope of the Iraqi invasion/occupation.
(We probably haven't been treated as the liberators Team Bush envisioned us to be, resulting in---> nation building) Remember-Mission Accomplished?

Nation Building: You break it you bought it - Colin Powell. Saddam is a despot, many exist in the world. Taking out Saddam created a power vacum in a fractious, tribal country. Tax dollars and thousands of soldiers lives have been spent on the effort in Iraq. Iraqi conflict will probably to take a generation to resolve (if even possible). Bush has committed billions and billions of our tax dollars to right the wrongs in Iraq. I understand networking, its a big ole world, if we do manage to turn Iraq into a democracy that remains a friend to the United States, will it have been worth the cost? The bad guys can always just move on, terrorist ideologies are not limited to Iraq.

Fiscal Policy:

Cut taxes for primarily the wealthy, run up our deficit in Iraq and then promise to rebuild New Orleans/gulf coast without disclosing a plan for the funding.

Katrina:

Yes, he did finally admit that if mistakes were made on the federal level then he accepted responsibility for the mistakes.

I think we all would agree that mistakes were made on the local, state, and federal level. In my opinion, our complete and utter unpreparedness for Katrina is a black eye for America. We should be focusing our resources on domestic priorities instead rebuilding Iraq.
-Balthasar Gracian
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

*looks at poll

:o you mean theres more than 4 republicans on the board
*burp :kickcan:
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

i was raised in a republican home ,but i will vote for whoever I think is good for the job and the Country even though they are all crooks that wouldnt be looking into a job with that much responsibility unless they were getting something in return but that is another box of shit to open up..........
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

well: storm & myself are not truly "repulicans" we are conservatives who tend to vote republican. if you must stick a label on us, storm would tell you we are constitutionalists (but that party needs a LOT of work before it will gain nationwide acceptance)
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

When and where did Bush say there were WMD's in Iraq?

Bush asked for and received the power to wage war from Congress based on the failure of Iraq to adhere to the agreements set forth after Sadaam invaded Kuwait.

You also mentioned that terrorism is not limited to Iraq but from the media coverage you would think terrorism only exists in the countries around Iraq. I guess the terrorists just walked around Iraq. If terrorists never used Iraq then why do they care what we are doing there?
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

off-topic but don't you think Mel Gibson looks freakily like Saddam

*burp :kickcan:
Jean Pool
Am I there Yet?
Am I there Yet?

Post by Jean Pool »

separated at birth, twins, no doubt.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.