Poll: Groups Unhappy With Bush Performance

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world

Are you satisfied with President Bush's performance over the past year?

yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

"I doubt the people of Iraq consider themselves tribal and given the lastest agreement to a constitution indicates their degree of fractiousness seems more media hype than reality."

Time will tell Storm.
The truth is generally seen, rarely heard.
-Balthasar Gracian
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i beli it already it telling.....one only need open their eyes and see it
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn agreed same response as in another thread there is another election on the horizon. We shall see indeed.

As to tribal I disagree sure parts are but then there are vast cities. Sure they do not have the manicured grasses like us but to call all of them tribal is an insult.

That's is like saying we are all like backwoods farmers just because there are so back woods farmers in this country ( no offense to any backwoods farmers that happen to own a computer).
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

storm wrote:Pawn agreed same response as in another thread there is another election on the horizon. We shall see indeed.

As to tribal I disagree sure parts are but then there are vast cities. Sure they do not have the manicured grasses like us but to call all of them tribal is an insult.

That's is like saying we are all like backwoods farmers just because there are so back woods farmers in this country ( no offense to any backwoods farmers that happen to own a computer).
Tribal wasn't meant as an insult, its really just semantics. My understanding is that there are 3 seperate groups (tribes): Sunni, Shea, and Kurds. Historically, they haven't gotten along so well (can we agree on that point?) A major hurdle to bringing lasting democracy will be to continue encourage participation/contributions of all groups while nuetralizing influence of radical clerics.
-Balthasar Gracian
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn if you hd stayed on message you won this round in so much as if you went to the point of discussing that Bush is losing ground with his base. I dispute the polls (even the ones that now say he is regaining some ground) but I agree Reps are losing touch with those that brought them to the ball. They promised us an end to the big spending nonsense of Demos and yet we are spending more. We are more involved in programs that should have been cut especially as we were recovering economically. The real point is most Reps are not mindless voters we have an agenda and we expect our elected officials to stick to it. You may have even heard the term Rino Rep in Name Only to describe those Reps who are acting like Demos.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
pawn
Moomin
Moomin

Post by pawn »

Rhino Rep, kinda catchy. Just kidding.

Hopefully nobody from either party would be a completely mindless voter. I do not feel it is inappropriate to question the decisons/actions of our leaders whether they are red or blue.
-Balthasar Gracian