Poll: Groups Unhappy With Bush Performance

Everyone's got an opinion on governments and what's going on in the world

Are you satisfied with President Bush's performance over the past year?

yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

vikki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikki »

I want to vote!!!
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

You should be able to... I opened the poll back up..
vikki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikki »

Thanks!!!
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

whine there a little Vikki just just wanna rock the boat.....lol
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

We gotta stick together, redrock. :lol:
vikki
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikki »

redrock wrote:whine there a little Vikki :haha: just just :loser: wanna rock the boat.....lol
atleast I can type...............sometimes...lol
T-Boyd

Post by T-Boyd »

Smack him...Image

Lemme watch....
[img]http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/drunk4.gif[/img]
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

T-Boyd wrote:Smack him...Image

Lemme watch....
freak
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Many excellent points. Pawn is right (this time). Good job Pawn. I could not have said it better myself. Conservatism wins every time it is tried. Democrats have to pretend to be Conservative to win aka Bill Clinton promising a tax cut on the campaign trail only to change his pants and mind later.

You article points to the heart of the matter. Republicans are not mindless voters (like Demos) we will leave the Party when the leaders start drifting from the core principles.

We need a real conservative in 2008.

As to the nomination of Myers and even the Fema guy whatever his name was, seriously give me a break. Do you really want to start talking about political favors? How about Presidential Pardones and for sale ala Mark Rich? I am not condoning either side on this but it will take more than you and I slamming each other over what some politician did to change the system.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

Pawn

"Bet its getting harder to get folks to sign up for that 4 year hitch. Do you believe we can avoid the draft?"

Actually I just had a nephew sign up and join the Army.

Do you really believe we have such an insignificant military that we would need to return to a less than volutary military?
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

in my own opinion i think it has alot to do with the armed forces wont let them out when thier 4 or 6 years is up my co-workers son is working on his 2 tour over seas just this time around 1st he was in Iraq and this time he is in Afghanistan and they have already told him he has a year once he gets back then it is back to Iraq seems to me they would alternate alot more than that unless they just havent got them.........
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

I understand your concern. The media generally failed to mention that virtually all enlists are for 8 years. Generally it is a combination of 4 years active and 4 years reserve or 6 and 2 or 2 and 6. However, all persons that sign up are told very explicitly that once you sign the military owns you and you can be called back or extended based on the needs of the government.

I can not argue with you that Bush has failed to replenish the size and budget of the military after 8 years of Clinton disarmanment policy. I can not explain this approach only to say that all the pork in Washington Demo and Rep is taking front seat meanwhile the military is the only segment in government that actually has experienced cuts and/or stunted growth.
redrock
Moomin
Moomin

Post by redrock »

oh im for the milatary to an extent but i think that going over there and doing what we have done with that country that they will just turn around and let it happen again because Saddam has already established fear into the population and someone else will step up to the plate as dictator

bottom line for me is dont wanna see the draft come back as a issue but if my kid joins here in a few years on his own accord so be it but i dont wanna see them make him go.....does that make sense?
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

makes perfect sense, you have an emotional reaction (not wanting your son to go) to an area of topic that really has to be viewed without emotion to fully grasp and understand the scope of the issue. i'm not saying you're wrong to have your emotion... hell, i feel the same way.. i don't want my boys drafted years from now (and would rather not have then voluntarily join either), but i do believe we should all serve our country in some form or fashion, military or public service, so that being said, i will support if they chose to join on their own.
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
storm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by storm »

redrock...

I understand your concern but the only people talking about the Draft are Demos.

Your point about the possibility of a "new" dictator is well funded. However, if I change the words in your point around a little I could make the same arguement about gang prosecution and/or drug trafficing

Many law enforcement officers have given their lives to capture criminals should we just give up because another thug will arrive on the streets?

"Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., fueled this myth with a 2002 op-ed in The New York Times. “A disproportionate number of the poor and members of minority groups make up the enlisted ranks of the military, while most priv¬ileged Americans are underrepresented or absent,â€ÂÂÂÂ