Moral Question

"Anything" and "Goes". You don't need a high IQ to figure it out
Not Don
Lurker
Lurker

Moral Question

Post by Not Don »

You find a wallet in a mall parking lot. According to the drivers license it belongs to a 18 year old kid. It also contains a single $100.00 dollar bill, credit cards and other important papers.
Do you ...

A: Return the wallet with everything in it?

B: Return the wallet MINUS the $100.00 bill thinking the kid should be happy to get his driver's license and credit cards back ?
[i]Let not the sands of time get in your crotch.
(Some Famous Guy)[/i]
Devlin
Void Regular
Void Regular

Post by Devlin »

what does your conscience tell you?
"This way for the lost city,
This way for the lost people,
This way for eternal suffering,
All hope abandon, ye who enter here...
[url=http://devlinsmanor.com][img]http://www.devlinsmanor.com/forum/images/avatars/upload/devlin.gif[/img]
[/url]
KennyT
Lurker
Lurker

Post by KennyT »

You return the wallet with everything in it. It is not yours, and you know who it's rightful owner is, it would be wrong to keep the money.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/KennyT/kennyt-sig.gif[/img]
v0id
Administrator
Administrator

Post by v0id »

Hand it in to the police (with its content in tact), it's not my job to run around after them.
*burp :kickcan:
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

this actually happened to me once. i found a wallet full of cards, almost $200, pictures of her kids, etc. i mailed it back to her (no phn#). i got a nice thank you note back with $20 as a reward. ha
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Peter
Void Minion
Void Minion

Post by Peter »

I found a ladies purse with 2000 dollars in it.

I returned it as I had found it.

It's the only thing to do.
Protector of the Holy Grail.
Not Don
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Not Don »

I looked the kid's name up in our system at work and found his number, called him, he came and picked up his wallet, said thanks and shook my hand without looking inside to check the contents.
Good enough.
(I really wasn't tempted to keep the money. Thank God it didn't have $2000. 00 in it)
(Some Famous Guy)[/i]
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Took it to the post office, with everything in it.
They'll give you a free mailer {@ least here in Chicago} and let you address it to send it free of charge tot he owner.

Like you Not Don, I was one happy person that it didn't have 2 grand in it to tempt me.
And it belonged to a 47 year old man.
G.O.D
Voids my hero
Voids my hero

Post by G.O.D »

Take it to the police and let them handle it. Or Post office, whatever's closer.
[size=84][i]"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." Ansem~Kingdom Hearts
"Pray to me that they don't... pray to me anyway..." ~Eternal Darkness
"Are you trying to fight me... Or entertain me, Little One?" ~Eternal Darkness[/i][/size]
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

I found a check a couple of weeks ago made out to "Cash" for $235.00. I could have easily cashed it at the store in my neighborhood... instead, I called the name on check to let her know it was found in the parking lot of Kmart. She asked me to rip it up and throw it away- which I did. Then she thanked me for being honest. :)

So, I would have called him and let him know I found it.
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Here in Illinois, the phone number's not on the license.
Not Don
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Not Don »

Is it anywhere?
(Some Famous Guy)[/i]
.:VerTiGo:.
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by .:VerTiGo:. »

Phone numbers aren't on DL's here, either, but its possible (in my small town, anyway) to cross reference the name or address in our phone book and find a number. If that fails, there's always an ad in the paper. ;)
Merideth
I HAVE no life
I HAVE no life

Post by Merideth »

i don't think any state puts phone #'s on DL's.... but typically there might be something else in the wallet w/a phone # on it
Yes? What do [i][b]YOU[/i][/b] want?
Sholix

Post by Sholix »

Well if any of you guys ever find my wallet, or many of the people I know, please don't bother checking for a phone number to contact me. :D

We tend to not put phone numbers on anything that can fall into the wrong hands.

Also the phone book's another no-no. I'm not listed. Don't know many people who are.

A newspaper ad might work here, but you'd need to run the ad in about 4 different papers to make sure the owner, or someone who knows them sees it. :?

Here it's just easier, and less expensive to take it to the post office and send it off. If you want acknowledgement you can always include a note and hope for a thank-you in return. :?
:drunk: